Iconic stargate gets an update

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Looks good. The little alien nav-beacons-that-don't-actually-act-as-nav-beacons look a little out of place now though. Might be worth re-rendering those as well so they fit with the new look.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Wow, does it have 128 frames as well?
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Shrike wrote:Looks good. The little alien nav-beacons-that-don't-actually-act-as-nav-beacons look a little out of place now though. Might be worth re-rendering those as well so they fit with the new look.
Fully agree. New stargate looks downright epic.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Seeing this, I can only wonder if the Majellen stargate is also getting a facelift. Also, I’m curious as to the effect of the stargate on the startup screen before the game gets as far as the intro demo. …Given that those were the first two things I thought when I saw this — even before, “OooOOOoooh, pretty!” — I think I’ve been modding too long… ¬.¬;

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Looks like all the old alien tech is going purple now. :wink: Is the gate-effect-flashy-thingy going to be redone as well? It, too, might look a little outdated (and small) next to that majestic structure.

Love the direction all the new Trans art is going! :)
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."