Are Goron Monitors supposed to carry THIS many missiles?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I took down a Goron Monitor in an EP game and in its wreckage I found...

An absolute ***load of missiles for the Takao launcher... isn't this a little ridiculous?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Not really. They're big ships. And a monitor is basically a bombardment platform.

What's ridiculous is that they can spawn with no missiles of their launchers sometimes.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Deltax
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

So there missile compliment is really, really random then? That's fine, but I still think for any ship to have 2 thousand missiles on board is pretty crazy, there never going to use them all, unless they burn threw them at a rate the Makayev launcher does which the Takao does not.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Deltax wrote:So there missile compliment is really, really random then? That's fine, but I still think for any ship to have 2 thousand missiles on board is pretty crazy, there never going to use them all, unless they burn threw them at a rate the Makayev launcher does which the Takao does not.
Monitors have completely randomised equipment. The code for this has a few shortcomings that really can't be fixed. But for a big ship for bombardment use.....it does make some sense. Monitors often do patrol stuff, after all.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I found the Goron capital ships to be one of the most annoying enemies in the game, because I had insufficient slots to mount a longreach.
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}