The linear nature of the campaign. I really want Trans universe to have more than one path from start to end. Preferably, have multiple regions (like the New Beyond, Ungoverned Territory etc.) that are parallel to each other, not linearly connected.
I'd propose this layout:
- Have each region fairly linear, with some possibly containing parallel paths, or minor branches.
- Let the New Beyond be linear as it is, serving as a relatively simple, balanced starting point, a tutorial or a warm-up.
- St. Kats then connect the New Beyond with multiple regions, one of them the Ungoverned Territory. The name might be changed to be less encompassing. Each of these regions would have unique characteristics of their own, for example, one might have more Sung presence than others, one might have more nebulae than others, each might offer unique quest lines (The Huari being one such, and others added) or, simply, one might be an easier path, offering less resistance but also less rewards, than others.
- Some regions might even be dead ends, or even loops.
- The Outer Realms too, would be accompanied by parallel regions, perhaps connected at Pt. Juno and Heretic.
- It shouldn't be easy to jump from a region to another, except from the branch points (St. Kats and Pt. Juno), but perhaps there might be relatively hidden stargates in a few systems bridging each region together.
And then I'd to mention it again: More quest lines. Perhaps telling the Xenophobes' story, or the Ringers, or the Dwarg. Or, even, telling the war from the Ares' view.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.