EP gameplay questions

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
gc2
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hi everyone
Been trying to beat EP for a while now (yet to succeed), sure is tough without Domina powers. I got some questions:

If Lilith gets killed, is that the end of the storyline? If not, what can I do to continue it?

Does Luminous replenish its HK guards in the final system? If so, how are you supposed to even go near it?

Is the CSC Terra significant in any way in EP?

What is the purpose of the third branch in the gate system (i.e. the gate from Kibo that doesn't lead to St. K or the Centauri branch)

Is it falling into the deep gravity well in the Sirius system fatal? (if I make it there I don't want to risk throwing away a ship just to test it)

How do you guard against neuroplague, or deal with it once it's on the hull?
SolarGalaxy
Miner
Miner

gc2 wrote:Hi everyone
What is the purpose of the third branch in the gate system (i.e. the gate from Kibo that doesn't lead to St. K or the Centauri branch)

Is it falling into the deep gravity well in the Sirius system fatal? (if I make it there I don't want to risk throwing away a ship just to test it)

The third branch is probably just for more loot/stations. It may also be expanded in the future as Urak is presumably where the Urak warlords originated from.

Falling into the gravity well is fatal. I learned that the hard way as I didn't even knew that there was a gravity well.

Docking at a friendly station and going to dock services will have a prompt to remove it for around 1000 credits. Note that unlike radiation it is not on docking and you have to go to dock services. Additionally you can get an enemy to shoot it off. If you have particle resistant armor you can just get the Resurrectors to shoot it off with their low damage particle guns (Damage rounds down so level 10 armor is basically immune and you can just point your affected facing towards them).
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Been trying to beat EP for a while now (yet to succeed), sure is tough without Domina powers. I got some questions:

If Lilith gets killed, is that the end of the storyline? If not, what can I do to continue it?

Does Luminous replenish its HK guards in the final system? If so, how are you supposed to even go near it?

Is the CSC Terra significant in any way in EP?

These will overlap with SolarGalaxy's answers, but here's what I can say:

1. That is an excellent question indeed. Probably, the game breaks....EP is still in development and there's a lot of things the player can do that aren't accounted for. It may be worth backtracking and returning (Some plot-critical NPCs in the SOTP and CC questline respawn), or continuing on and try to get into a later quest....but honestly, I don't know what will happen.

2. Plotty goodness! If you're doing the final mission for the storyline you generally have some help with that problem. Obviously if you've lost Lillith this may cause issues.

3. it's part of the architecture of the Near Stars area. EP introduces the Near Stars area, but it's probably not going to be the only adventure set there...so it's got the entire area. THis also includes the Terminus branch.

4. Yes it is. And it's currently exploitable for hilarity and no profit whatsoever. You can actually orbit it as well, but it can be tricky to get right and it's mostly only good for showing off.

5. I'm in the process of writing a new thread on Beginner's Luck about this. Edit: Edit: Here it is!
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Been trying to beat EP for a while now (yet to succeed), sure is tough without Domina powers.
I've heard that the powers you get in EP are even better. The first one, in particular, is said to be vastly overpowered.
It's worth mentioning that G.O.D. Mod can be used to easily test these things. It's something of a spoiler to use, so I don't recommend using it before completing the storyline.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In some cases if NPCs get killed they will still show up later and it won't affect the plot. For example, killing Kate Morgenthal after rescuing Katami and killing the big Luminous remote (I forget what it's called) the first time that it shows up doesn't prevent them from returning later. If it's a ship you have to dock with to continue the plot then that usually is the end of the mission thread.