Ares Orthodoxy Ship Images

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Hero shots of major Ares ships (to scale):

Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Looking good.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Just checked them out ingame, and they're fantastic. The CSC looks even better in action than before, as well.

If the Orthodoxy is a current project, the Tundra could do with a graphical rework, as well as a bit of an armor nerf.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Tundra isn't bad, but could definitely go on the long-term list. Ingame, I like the new graphics for Ares, but I think they could do with more facings in the future.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
SolarGalaxy
Miner
Miner

Cool, does this mean that the Phobos will also be updated with new textures?
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Very nice!
Shrike wrote:Tundra isn't bad, but could definitely go on the long-term list. Ingame, I like the new graphics for Ares, but I think they could do with more facings in the future.
I'm looking forward to all rotating objects having more facings. I realize it'll probably multiply the size of the data files by almost 6, but it's not 2003 anymore. We can handle 1 GB games, especially if autoupdate can download only files that have changed. Hopefully George's server can handle it, too...
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

NMS wrote:…especially if autoupdate can download only files that have changed…
 The major issue there is that the modified files would be put into the TDB file, so even updating just one ship means that the whole TDB file has to be redownloaded. It’d actually probably be better if he just stuck to updating the graphics where needed until he has everything all nice and shiny, and then does the full refacing run in one fell swoop afterward. And anyway, it’s the graphics files that take up the overwhelming majority of the TDB file’s space.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)