Newbie player bugs

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Another bug that needs to be fixed is maneuverability stat display at ship select. Since the upgrade to 120 facings, ships show either 5 or 30 - not very helpful.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

A not-quite-immediate but pretty early issue: the Charon system event seems to trigger way too early. Has anyone actually had a chance to see the mission briefing in the last few releases? We all know whats going on because we've seen it before, but a new player isn't going to get the backstory.

An idea: can you give it
1) long delay before the event (maybe a minute or so?)
2) trigger on mission briefing as normal
3) trigger if the player tries to wander off (ie gets X distance away from station+stargate). For maximum points specifically set the attack to come from a direction that has it fly right in front of the player. Oh, and is there a radio mayday when the station is attacked like we get in Heretic?
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

kay.py wrote:A not-quite-immediate but pretty early issue: the Charon system event seems to trigger way too early. Has anyone actually had a chance to see the mission briefing in the last few releases? We all know whats going on because we've seen it before, but a new player isn't going to get the backstory.

An idea: can you give it
1) long delay before the event (maybe a minute or so?)
2) trigger on mission briefing as normal
3) trigger if the player tries to wander off (ie gets X distance away from station+stargate). For maximum points specifically set the attack to come from a direction that has it fly right in front of the player. Oh, and is there a radio mayday when the station is attacked like we get in Heretic?
I didn't see anything on my first game, and I just sort of gathered what was going on as it was happening.

I was in a system with the same name as the Charon Pirates, and an outpost of the faction that had been fighting them up until this point was under attack. It sort of explained itself.

On that note, why are there no Centauri Warlords in Alpha Centauri, and no Urak in Urak? I'd say that ought to be a priority. It'd be a reasonably simple fix, too, just toss a few stations from those factions into their respective systems.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The "Scores and Records" screen accessed by the "Records" button on the main screen never shows any games for me. I have a Multiverse account, I've completed games, the high scores list that scrolls on the main screen shows games, but that screen doesn't.

Ministry ticket: http://ministry.kronosaur.com/record.hexm?id=4333