Steam key

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

For those of you who have purchased both Corporate Command and Eternity Port through the Multiverse (thank you!) I'm happy to provide an unlock code to the Steam version.

If you're interested, please send an email to [email protected] with your Multiverse account name.

Right now this is a manual process, so response might be a little delayed.

Thank you!

p.s.: This offer is both retroactive and proactive: if you buy CC and EP in the future, I'm happy to give you a code then.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Is there a preferred sale location for you?
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Ttech wrote:Is there a preferred sale location for you?
Great question! Yes, I much prefer you buy expansions on the Multiverse.

Steam takes a 30% cut, which is fine since they bringing new players who might never have discovered the game otherwise. If you found out about Transcendence via Steam, then I prefer you buy the game through Steam (they deserve their cut).

But if you found about Transcendence in some other way, then I'd rather you bought it on the Multiverse (and I can give you a Steam code for free).

And I'm sure that Valve would agree with this position.
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Well, that's unexpectedly nice. I haven't seen a dev letting purchases carry over from one platform to another

Though I do have to question if manually generating Steam keys for everyone who bought and buys the game via Multiverse is scalable...
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Blitz wrote:Though I do have to question if manually generating Steam keys for everyone who bought and buys the game via Multiverse is scalable...
It's not scalable in the long-run--eventually I'll have to automate it in the Multiverse--but for now it's OK.
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

ah yay its been a while since i've blasted ships to smithereens and i saw this on steam a while ago. glad to see i can get it here without having to buy it through steam :D
durbanator
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

ooh yeah! i got the key and its all synced up to steam :D
it took about 5 days but i guess it just felt longer since ive been at home with a flu/fever and considering that the weekend came and went it was a pretty quick response.
looking forward to getting my name up on the scoreboard just to see if it shows my multiverse name or steam ign. ill need to break 500k to reach the top 100. looking forward to it!
Ill be posting a review in a few days on steam, i've beaten the game a good number of times since i started playing so i think i've got a good bit to say about it.
Thanks once again to George and the dev team for their efforts to get this up on steam.
Tantarian
Anarchist
Anarchist

To late for me :D
I bought it as soon as it was available on Steam this game is worth it :D
Buggy
Anarchist
Anarchist

So, I bought the EP (and presumably CC with it) via Steam. Would it be possible to link my Multiverse account to my Steam account so I can play through my original Multiverse account with my original saves instead of juggling two different accounts around? Or are saves not account-sensitive?

Also, sorry about buying it via Steam. If I realized Steam took a big cut I would've gotten it through Multiverse, but I didn't read through this thread entirely until I bought it. If it makes you feel any better I'm definitely going to buy CSC America when it comes out, and I'll do that via Multiverse.

My steam account is http://steamcommunity.com/id/buggga/. I can contact you through Steam if you need confirmation or something.