Creating Own Walkthrough

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I want create a Transcendence Walkthrough in my own Language (Indonesia). I need some Link or if you have your Walkthrough (Completed), please share to me. I also want to promote this game, but many of Indonesian people not really understand English (Transcendence have a "Hard" English language). Please, give me a links or your walkthrough (English language, of course). I'm will be pleased if you help me. Thanks.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
Adventwings
Anarchist
Anarchist

A typical walkthrough would be kind of hard to do, considering the kind of game Transcendence is. As this is a rogue-like game, every new game is randomly generated, therefore there is no two playthrough that are the same. In fact, I remember someone clearing the entire game by destroying exactly one ship on their own.

You can take a look at some Let's Play of Transcendence on Youtube for tips. There's actually no right way to play it - just efficient and inefficient ways. Most of the time, it's the inefficient way that's the most fun to play.

(This is coming from a guy who relies on a small fleet of Charon Frigate drones for area defense, though.)
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Here are some examples of helpful tutorials that don't quite amount to walkthroughs:

Twenty Things to Do in Transcendence
http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/guid ... ce20Things

The Beginner's Guide to Transcendence: Ship Choice and Starting Out (WIP)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =486539695

The Beginner's Guide to Commerce
https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic. ... o+commerce
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I know Transcendence is randomly create system star, I just wanted to create story point, starships, station, weapon, armor, and other item database secret, and tips. It's should updated every game version.
But anyway, thank you.
Click this link!
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Those two guides that Shrike wrote, the second and third links in my post above, are very good without giving away too many spoilers. Transcendence resurrents your ship if you die (albeit with a loss in score), so the biggest challenge for me in the beginning wasn't fighting. It was making enough money to buy the upgrades I wanted. For that, the commerce guide is pretty good.

https://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6958

The second biggest challenge for me, and more of an ongoing challenge than a beginners' challenge, is dogfighting when your most powerful weapons can only shoot forward, but the large capital ships you're fighting can shoot omnidirectionally with automatically targeting weapons. Those ships also have internal compartments that are stronger than their outer armor, so even if your non-WMD weapon is able to bring down their armor completely, you might be sitting there shooting for five minutes before the ship dies. But this is more an issue of strategy and doesn't need to be addressed with a walkthrough.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

DigaRW wrote:I know Transcendence is randomly create system star, I just wanted to create story point, starships, station, weapon, armor, and other item database secret, and tips. It's should updated every game version.
But anyway, thank you.
You mean a wiki? We have a wiki, though it's currently under improvement if I recall correctly.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I know that wiki, but it's somehow looks inactive. I just need Spaceship Description, and some important story point. I have just started created that walkthrough, but I will take a long time to build that.
Click this link!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

DigaRW wrote:I know that wiki, but it's somehow looks inactive. I just need Spaceship Description, and some important story point. I have just started created that walkthrough, but I will take a long time to build that.
The wiki's ship description is pretty good for what you seem to want. Aside from that, you'd just like a walk-through of the various missions that can be assigned, right?
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I would suggest that

you read the already posted materials and decide what you are missing
A) play the game several times and read everything you encounter - remember, The game chooses things and every game is different from the last in some manner : Only Scripted missions / systems are the same : everything comes or gets excluded randomly - like some games you will never find a Dragonfly Missile Launcher - other games they are all over.....

Also, in some games you might never find a particular station - the Manufacturing Plants are not as common in the game as some think.

B) download the source .xml and read them * may require a good program like Notepad++ to make the .xml easier to read
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

John: True, I will create gameplay and walkthrough for any mission may spawn with their chance in Transcendence. Plus, I will add some important story point, secret, and tips.
Click this link!
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Yes - the XML is very helpful. You can get the XML here (download the latest version, which is currently 1.6.1):

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod_searc ... 1&sortb=1

Here's the link for Notepad++, which you can use to open the XML files. If you're using Windows, right-click the XML files and choose "Open with...", navigate to the Notepad++ folder, and choose the EXE file.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.1.html

You can also use the G.O.D. mod to spawn any ship and station in the game you want in order to see what happens. For example, if you want to try the agricultural station mission, you can make your ship nearly invincible by giving yourself the highest-level reactor and armor, then spawn the station and dock to it to begin the mission. You can also jump ahead to any system in the game. Here's a link to the G.O.D. mod:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1455

Have fun!
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks a lot, I just download it with my phone.
Click this link!