Let's Play Transcendence!

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Lamplighter questline is no more transparent than the Huari.

Warning: Spoiler coming up.
EDIT: Can't get the spoiler to work. Black font used.

First the player must have a military ID, which a new player may find quite rare, depending on the circumstances. Then he must do a few CW Fleet missions, and then he must find the Terra. Then he must find the Antarctica. And even then, there are two ways to proceed with the quest, with two valuable but mutually exclusive rewards. I would say the Huari questline is even easier. You just befriend the Huari, visit them, and then everything is set in motion. Just follow the missions through and you will get Qianlong in the end. As for Heretic, the entire system is one big quest, though not hidden.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Then there is also the single Black Market mission, easy to miss, not obvious and gives a fair amount of credits when succesfull. Only available when you have a certain rank in the Black Market hierarchy.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

sun1404 wrote:The Lamplighter questline is no more transparent than the Huari.

Warning: Spoiler coming up.
EDIT: Can't get the spoiler to work. Black font used.

First the player must have a military ID, which a new player may find quite rare, depending on the circumstances. Then he must do a few CW Fleet missions, and then he must find the Terra. Then he must find the Antarctica. And even then, there are two ways to proceed with the quest, with two valuable but mutually exclusive rewards. I would say the Huari questline is even easier. You just befriend the Huari, visit them, and then everything is set in motion. Just follow the missions through and you will get Qianlong in the end. As for Heretic, the entire system is one big quest, though not hidden.
While in theory that would make it quite hidden, the military ID can be gotten by anyone that takes a mission at a militia base after doing a Korolov or Maximus mission, and the Fleet will basically tell the player what to do from there(Juno's a mainline system, so you're certain to encounter it, and most people will stop at every new kind of friendly station to see what it does, so they'll have found a CSC. The Terra may be missed by some players in some runs if they don't know to look for it, but that's the extent of it.) The Huari, on the other hand, appear as a generic hostile faction like any other unless the player actively decides to avoid harming them during their system clearance.

The Black Market mission is a mission rather than a questline, but is to some degree hidden, given the obscurity of one's means of joining the Black Market(Either kill a bunch of seemingly friendly freighters or go to an otherwise useless area with illegal items in your hold).

Are spoilers broken?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Spoiler: Click me
Spoilers are picky on what they accept. For example, ! breaks it.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

PM wrote:
Spoiler: Click me
Spoilers are picky on what they accept. For example, ! breaks it.
Spoiler: Ah, I see
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Doesnt [spoiler]this work[/spoiler] in this forum?
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm pretty sure I made my paragraph with only alphabets, commas, spaces, and full stops. Maybe it's just too long?

Anyway, better we get back on topic.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Dieugirl
Anarchist
Anarchist

Thank you so much for all the suggestions.

Im in the process of moving the channel to a new Youtube address, so Ive stopped posting videos of any kind while I focus on this.

Why the move? Long story short I became involved with whats known as a 'Sub 4 (for) Sub' Program. Simply put, its a program where if you subscribe to a youtuber in the program, the same youtuber will subscribe to you back. One would think that this would help small youtubers get bigger, but it actually hurts youtubers in the long run. It lowers the 'rating' in the youtube system and makes it harder for you to be 'discovered' in general.

After discovering this, I made a announcement That I would move the channel to a new address in order to get a fresh start.

Not am I only moving the videos, but Im creating thumbnails for said videos without thumbnails (to drum up traffic). Its a lot of work, and I'll be starting a new job soon which will severely cut into my time. Plus, Im anemic (which means I have trouble getting enough iron in my blood) so I can only do one or two thumbnails a day before I have to quit due to weariness.

I'm not sure how long this will take, but hopefully I can get everything back up and running soon.

In case your curious, Ive made one other Vlog concerning the move.

Thank you all for your patience, and I hope to get back to recording soon.

EDIT: Okay, after a TON of work, Ive finally re uploaded part 5 to the new address. As I go through the transcendence videos, I'll be putting [FIXED] next to the links so you know which videos have been moved. Okay, only 225 more videos to thumbnail and re upload....

Im gonna need more Mt. Dew.... :wink:
Want to check up on the latest in my Let's Play of Transcendence? Click here!
Check HERE for my latest weekly highlights!
See ya'll later!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oh! Kk. I didnt know that the program was even there ahaha! But i dont get the thumbnails thing. 'creating thumbnails for said videos without thumbnails' i dont quite get it.
So you have anemia? I hope you get well soon! When i was in 5th grade i had it too!
Mountain Dew, good stuff. I just like coke more...
Dieugirl
Anarchist
Anarchist

Oh! Kk. I didnt know that the program was even there ahaha! But i dont get the thumbnails thing. 'creating thumbnails for said videos without thumbnails' i dont quite get it.
The best way I can explain it is like this. Thumbnails are like miniature advertisements. it entices viewers to click on the video to watch it.

So you have anemia? I hope you get well soon! When i was in 5th grade i had it too!
It comes and it goes, but when it hits it hits hard.

Mountain Dew, good stuff. I just like coke more...
Everybody has their preferences.
Want to check up on the latest in my Let's Play of Transcendence? Click here!
Check HERE for my latest weekly highlights!
See ya'll later!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The best way I can explain it is like this. Thumbnails are like miniature advertisements. it entices viewers to click on the video to watch it.
Yup I know what thumbnails are. I just couldn't get the sense out.

It comes and it goes, but when it hits it hits hard.
Oh! A recurring type. Yup I get it.
Everybody has their preferences.
Yup absolutely.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Off Topic
:idea: Your anemia might cure if you stop using Mountain Dew :idea:
This drink is banned all over the world except North America because it contains Brominated Vegatable Oil (The same chemical stuff that is used to make fabric, wood, plastic etc. fire resistant) and is linked to a whole range of health disorders in relatively low quantities.

On Topic
Keep up the playing. I'd like to see more video's of Transcendence online. Might make the game more known among new people. For me it is about the only game that I can keep on playing without getting bored....
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Ferdinand wrote:Off Topic
:idea: Your anemia might cure if you stop using Mountain Dew :idea:
This drink is banned all over the world except North America because it contains Brominated Vegatable Oil (The same chemical stuff that is used to make fabric, wood, plastic etc. fire resistant) and is linked to a whole range of health disorders in relatively low quantities.

On Topic
Keep up the playing. I'd like to see more video's of Transcendence online. Might make the game more known among new people. For me it is about the only game that I can keep on playing without getting bored....
Woah! Thanks for info Ferdinand! What more games do you own btw?