Lore Questions (for George)

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So its Domina and Oracus: The Truth of the Stars?
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Longzhu spheres are kinda crystals infused with energy, almost magic with how easy they are to use, like you just touch it to whatever you want, and it'll repair if the thing's broken, or enhance if it can, or do nothing if it can't. They're not slave souls as far as I know, but the Sung and the Ringers are both fond of it. Judging from the name, the Sung probably manufacture it somehow. Hopefully not from slave souls.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

SungSlavers.xml wrote:“Longzhu spheres are antimatter containment vessels used by the Sung Slavers as power sources.”
 No souls involved, according to the description. No mention of any such in the item attributes, either.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yup! Thanks! It would have been cooler if they were powered by slave souls.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Calvin wrote:Yup! Thanks! It would have been cooler if they were powered by slave souls.
I think only the Core Minds are advanced enough to use souls for power(hence why Domina likes +soul items).
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

There are +soul items too?!?! All know of are slaves ahaha!
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Calvin wrote:There are +soul items too?!?! All know of are slaves ahaha!
Yep. Abbasid thanograms, for one. I believe the Halo gems are also +soul.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Longzhu sphere does not have the "Soul" attribute and is not a "soul" item. It is fuel, and the fabricator treats it as such. (If Longzhu was a soul item, +Soul would take priority over fuel when calculating fabricator results.)

Halo Gems also do not have the "Soul" attribute, but they have the "HaloGem" and "Psionic" attributes. Items with HaloGem attribute are worth 200 XP and 1 attitude point per gem when donated to the Sisters. Any item donated to Sisters that increases XP and does not have the "Slave" attribute are tracked in Game Statistics as psionics offered.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Whats with the fabricator anyway? Can it use souls?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Teraton fabricator. It is arcane feature at some Teraton stations that is difficult and dangerous to use without being spoiled on how it works. If you know how it works, it becomes a relatively easy, albeit somewhat tedious, way to convert junk into valuable items, often at gross profits.

Teraton fabricators accept (or reject) a wide variety of items. Feeding soul items raises disposition by points equal to item level. Disposition is one of three somewhat hidden stats used by each fabricator, and it is the hardest to raise. Soul items are ideal for raising disposition, but they are not readily available. (You will donate nearly all slave coffins to the Sisters, and the rest are too rare. Theoretically, slave coffins could be used in an Eternity Port adventure since you do not have Domina powers there, but the odds of a fabricator spawning at all in that adventure are not good.) Luxury food is not as effective, but they are the only readily available items that can raise disposition. Some fabricators like or dislike some food, too!
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hats off to George! That is really a programming masterpiece! I wonder when i can get close to that level...
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I can miss the whole damn world to pay a sneak peek over to the RegDev subforum!
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:I can miss the whole damn world to pay a sneak peek over to the RegDev subforum!
Its biggest claim to fame is that it is hidden. As with all things 'secret', your mind starts to build up this image of all that may be there... the more you hear it mentioned, the bigger it grows in your mind. In reality, there is really not all that much to see. Sure, it points to some of snippets of background thought from George, but it is definitely not a fully flashed out universe that is hidden from view, quite the contrary actually.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

pixelfck wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:I can miss the whole damn world to pay a sneak peek over to the RegDev subforum!
Its biggest claim to fame is that it is hidden. As with all things 'secret', your mind starts to build up this image of all that may be there... the more you hear it mentioned, the bigger it grows in your mind. In reality, there is really not all that much to see. Sure, it points to some of snippets of background thought from George, but it is definitely not a fully flashed out universe that is hidden from view, quite the contrary actually.

~Pixelfck
You actually made me more curious :D

When is the next IRC DAY?