Poll: Do you play with the soundtrack enabled?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.

Do you play with the soundtrack enabled?

Always
41%
Sometimes
41%
Never
18%

Total votes: 22
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I only sometimes play with the soundtrack.

This poll will be helpful to me, thanks for your input.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

It tends to depend on whether I’m playing or testing. If I’m testing stuff I’ve written, I leave it off — it tends to distract me. I do like to have it on when I’m actually playing and actually remember to turn it on, though.
 Vaguely related-ish and probably completely irrelevant to the poll, I stuck the whole soundtrack into my music library and a few tunes here and there made it on my MP3 player.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I usually have it on, but sometimes I turn it off in case other people could get disturbed by it.
Neuromancer
Miner
Miner

Yes. On the whole it's quite good and fits very well. It sometimes gets a bit repetitive with constant battle music starting, but it's not that irritating. The worst part of the soundtrack is how it highlights how bad some of the other sound effects are that haven't been updated since .99 or so.
Dieugirl
Anarchist
Anarchist

I tend to play (and record) with the soundtrack off. it sounds amazing, but I dont want to get into any legal trouble. That, and it makes it easier to edit videos without worrying about butchering the music.
Want to check up on the latest in my Let's Play of Transcendence? Click here!
Check HERE for my latest weekly highlights!
See ya'll later!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I only turn it on in early game. Later, with life and death fights everywhere, i turn it off. Less strain. Less distraction.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Dieugirl wrote:but I dont want to get into any legal trouble.
Legal trouble? You arent getting into legal trouble for turning on the soundtrack in the same way as you arent getting into legal trouble for recording and posting the video (on youtube?) in the first place. I dont turn the soundtrack off while recording Skyrim or any other game. And i have never gotten into any trouble (yet!).
Dieugirl wrote:That, and it makes it easier to edit videos without worrying about butchering the music.
Yup agreed!
FourFire
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I wish that the soundtracks had better spacing, and the battle music had stricter triggers, like player takes 10% shield damage (often it starts without you haven taken any damage when you can 1 hit an enemy ship, which is annoying since it resets the rest of the soundtracks, too often).
(func(Admin Response)= true){
if(admin func(amiable) = true)
Create func(Helpful Posts)
else func(Keep Calm and Post derisive topics)}
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yup and then you cant distinguish audial hints! And audial hints matter!
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TheLoneWolf wrote:
Dieugirl wrote:but I dont want to get into any legal trouble.
Legal trouble? You arent getting into legal trouble for turning on the soundtrack in the same way as you arent getting into legal trouble for recording and posting the video (on youtube?) in the first place. I dont turn the soundtrack off while recording Skyrim or any other game. And i have never gotten into any trouble (yet!).
Dieugirl wrote:That, and it makes it easier to edit videos without worrying about butchering the music.
Yup agreed!
Actually, it may prevent monetization. Unless George bought all the rights or the music was put under a some sort of copyleft license the composer would theoretically be entitled to license fees if anyone other than George, who has already licensed it, makes money off of it. Everything else George definitely owns and he's around to ask permission of. Except mods. Mods are a gray area.
Literally is the new Figuratively
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That soundtrack is awesome, I always turn it on.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!