My Best Transcendence Sessions + Gameplay Videos

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey guys! So your friend comes over to your house with his laptop, but encounters an urgent piece of work and has to go back, leaving his laptop behind. What do you do? You download and start playing Transcendence of course! Thats exactly what I did. What was just a normal session transformed into one of my best Transcendence ever (pics will follow soon). I chose Wolfen in the start, and it was my first game in a version after 1.2. V1.6.3 is awesome btw. I was like 'WOAH' and before I knew what was happening, the pentient cannons had opened up a hole in my light plasteel plate and i was dead. Then arose in me a fiery passion to kick arse and so I did. I stopped playing before I reached even Arco.

EDIT- WAS PLAYING AGAIN! Here are the shots!
Last edited by TheLoneWolf on Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So I found the new tuitorial system as a handy chance to grab the one and only dark acid weapon in the game and get an early winning edge on my enemies.
Attachments
So my first hint of bad luck (the last so far :D )
So my first hint of bad luck (the last so far :D )
Why.jpg (103.78 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

And now for the section of this thread I like to call 'HOW THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN?'
Attachments
My reaction is somewhat like this.
My reaction is somewhat like this.
How the hell reaction.jpg (4.71 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
HOW THE HELL DID THOSE SONSOFABITCH EVEN GET HERE?
HOW THE HELL DID THOSE SONSOFABITCH EVEN GET HERE?
WUT.jpg (74.36 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

But TheLoneWolf never flinches, even when trying to kill Uraks with a Dual Laser Cannon. But the reinforcements arrive before the current enemies are down. TheLoneWolf destroys the station and loots loads of ore, grade b grain, etc. Then he faces 3 waves of enemies (uraks), compliments of the Transcendence engine and slow speed of the uraks. But he survives, goes and kicks good ol' Arco's arse and goes for the final upgrades!
Attachments
That looks nice, right?
That looks nice, right?
1st system fit.jpg (122.51 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So TheLoneWolf somehow buys 5 random ROMs and they turn out to be shield enhancement ROMs :D

MONOPOLE DEFLECTOR SCREEN +20%!

Then I advance a system further, do some random stuff, and gate jump again. So RIGHT NOW (thats right! This very minute!) I need some opinion! I have swapped my Dual Lazer with a fast fire one. Now I need to swap my Smartcannon. So this opinionated section, cast your votes!

KEEP THE SMARTCANNON OR...
Attachments
Do I install this or keep the smartcannon? Also there is a kinetic upgrade nearby!
Do I install this or keep the smartcannon? Also there is a kinetic upgrade nearby!
A claw.jpg (99.48 KiB) Viewed 9006 times
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So guys now [Save and Quit]ing is TheLoneWolf. Im gonna take a break till u guys drop in some opinions. When they do (if they do) Im going to continue my march TOWARDS THE CORE! Thanks for reading and till next time!
Adventwings
Anarchist
Anarchist

I say keep the Smartcannon. It can still go a long way all the way up to Charon, unless you can find an Omnilaser before that. Or even better, Dual Turbolaser.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Between the heavy CLAW and SmartCannon? I agree, stick with the SmartCannon. If you find a CLAW in the non-heavy variety, though…

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks guys! But I have good aim and omni weapons have low rof generally! So im opting damage and speed over aim! And Im hoping for Dual Xray cannon! Btw would creating a custom Waste Cannon be worth it?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

TheLoneWolf wrote:Btw would creating a custom Waste Cannon be worth it?
 Short answer: No.
 Long answer: Hell no.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:Btw would creating a custom Waste Cannon be worth it?
 Short answer: No.
 Long answer: Hell no.
Longer answer: It still isn't possible to install illegal weapons until long after the AWC is obsolete.
Literally is the new Figuratively
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That needs to be tweaked!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hey guys! Im back! So I did some work on the Kolorev shipping. Two freighters died on my watch. Bot pelted by frigates. And even my enhanced monopole deflector was no match for the endless stream of lasers, missiles, fregments and pure badassery. My fast fire laser cannon was great for knocking out missiles, but the lasers of the frigate ripped my shields apart before I could even see it. Thankfully, Arco's laser resistant armour held on. But one missile and it was emergency mode. But me being me, did not want to upgrade my paper armour or plastic shield. I went for...WEAPONS! Just in the previous system, I had upgraded my laser and kinetic weapon. Now THE LASER ARMADA station offered moar! So I went for MOAR! But, as before, this section is OPINIONATED! So tell me, what to buy! Btw this WMD rating tag is something new.
Attachments
So what variety!
So what variety!
Luv this armada.jpg (118.43 KiB) Viewed 8925 times
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

A Fast Fire Laser should be good enough, as it can effectively hurt both gunships and capships. Be sure to loot and use the missiles you find upon killing a Drake. Try and loot a turbolaser for taking out gunships from a viking, and of course buy an OTL if you see one, but I'd upgrade your armor to Blast Plate first instead.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:A Fast Fire Laser should be good enough, as it can effectively hurt both gunships and capships. Be sure to loot and use the missiles you find upon killing a Drake. Try and loot a turbolaser for taking out gunships from a viking, and of course buy an OTL if you see one, but I'd upgrade your armor to Blast Plate first instead.
No armour in this station :(
and I can kill fighters easily. Its the frigate that kicks my ass. I havent seen a drake yet. Btw why not a DTL instead of an OTL? And I was thinking of getting that Particle Beam Weapon. It should do great, as particle resistivity isn't that common. And what about that Bastilla? The damage is just crazy. The ROF is low, though.