Youtube Neglect

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

None of the developer streams have been posted to Youtube in a month. That means there could be activity on the Kronosaur channel but isn't and to anyone who followed George's LP there it looks abandoned.
Literally is the new Figuratively
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:None of the developer streams have been posted to Youtube in a month. That means there could be activity on the Kronosaur channel but isn't and to anyone who followed George's LP there it looks abandoned.
I noticed this as well. I've also missed the forum updates.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Time to outsource!
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The master files are probably in the tens of gigabytes. There's no reasonable way to outsource this that saves George time unless someone drives to his house every week and picks them up on an external hard disk/ large flash drive or something.

Whether it's faster to re-encode them himself or upload the master directly to YouTube and let them do it would depend on the codec and his processor and upload speed. Either way, it's a small amount of time to start the process, then a lot of waiting.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

NMS wrote:The master files are probably in the tens of gigabytes. There's no reasonable way to outsource this that saves George time unless someone drives to his house every week and picks them up on an external hard disk/ large flash drive or something.
The streams could be ripped directly from Twitch.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Xephyr wrote:
NMS wrote:The master files are probably in the tens of gigabytes. There's no reasonable way to outsource this that saves George time unless someone drives to his house every week and picks them up on an external hard disk/ large flash drive or something.
The streams could be ripped directly from Twitch.
I knew there was a simpler way to do this.
NMS
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

That would defeat the purpose, which is to have a higher quality version without the laggy parts. You might as well just watch it on Twitch.
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

You could do multi-stream to Twitch and YoutubE (live)
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

NMS wrote:That would defeat the purpose, which is to have a higher quality version without the laggy parts. You might as well just watch it on Twitch.
Is there lag in the non - live version? I've never had any.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I am sorry about that. I've been neglectful. But I'll put some up as soon as I can.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:I am sorry about that. I've been neglectful. But I'll put some up as soon as I can.
Then maybe start mentioning this stuff on steam, perhaps? *nudge nudge*
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

george moromisato wrote:I am sorry about that. I've been neglectful. But I'll put some up as soon as I can.
Thanks. I've made a thread for the last two, including the Twitch links, for anyone who missed them. Couldn't find any others.