Transcendence Developer Tries to Reach the Galactic Core

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Most recent episode's right here:

http://www.twitch.tv/kronosaurproductions/v/29284403

Previous episode:

http://www.twitch.tv/kronosaurproductions/v/28120701

I've missed these threads, so I figured I'd take a go at starting one.

Now that the first semester's over, I may finally have time to actually watch an episode or two live.

7:00 PM Eastern Standard Time is when episodes air.
Last edited by JohnBWatson on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JohnBWatson wrote:Thursdays at 8:00 PM East Coast time, right?
 Nope, 7:00pm Eastern.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
JohnBWatson wrote:Thursdays at 8:00 PM East Coast time, right?
 Nope, 7:00pm Eastern.
OP has been edited accordingly. Thanks!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

In today's thrilling episode of the George Moromisato Show: George continued onwards, and did some more Hauri missions....then backtracked to run through Hauramarca. And actually succeeded. After listening to our advice in chat he picked the medium-difficulty option (fortress assault with loads of nasties) and did pretty well, although he burned a lot of armor repair kits.....something that would come back to be a problem later. Looting the QAC and the dragon shield, he retraced his steps to find a place to install it. Returning to Dvalin just in time to see him get nuked by a ranx dreadnought, George bravely let the corporate cruiser take care of things. Alas, no undamaged patch spiders.

Arriving in the system where he'd finally be able to install the gun, George decided to go for a nice simple kill on the way in......of an omnithor lab.

So yeah, hunter-killer turns up with a dual fusionfire. Maybe 5-10 minutes later the station guards of the rasiermesser station have killed it, with George [somehow not getting killed despite tending to fly right in front of it and shoot at it point-blank. Alas, no intact dual fusionfire. Notably, this battle was massively harder than the huaramarca battle.

After some repairs, George installed the QAC and did some testing of it, agreeing that it's not a very balanced gun. However, he's fulfilled my challenge that I set him waaaaay back in Part III or so of killing something with the QAC. He also, after much begging, installed the Dragon Shield.

The next challenge for our intrepid pilgrim will be to find new armor: the carbide carapace is increasingly obsolescent against the heavy thermonuclear weapons that the Ranx, Omnithor and other factions can throw at it.

------

After the stream George answered some questions. Apparently steam workshop won't come for the first alpha or so of 1.7, but might be in Alpha 2. We also got a quick preview of the Part II galaxy map, which introduces the option for curved stargate paths. This is very pretty, and the option for it will be introduced in 1.7.

----

This was a particularly exciting and interesting stream, and one in which George did a really nice job. Not dying in this particular set of escapades was something we honestly didn't expect. I'd definitely advise anyone who missed it to check out the recorded copy.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Shrike wrote: This was a particularly exciting and interesting stream, and one in which George did a really nice job. Not dying in this particular set of escapades was something we honestly didn't expect. I'd definitely advise anyone who missed it to check out the recorded copy.

Relevant URL: http://www.twitch.tv/kronosaurproductions/v/29284403

Pictures:

Interface for part II: http://snag.gy/VfUzk.jpg
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

We also got a quick preview of the Part II galaxy map, which introduces the option for curved stargate paths.
What do you mean by curved stargate paths?
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Lmoy wrote:
We also got a quick preview of the Part II galaxy map, which introduces the option for curved stargate paths.
What do you mean by curved stargate paths?
On the galactic map in 1.7, lines linking stargates can be curved by specifying a third point, so the line will go through all three points.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Lmoy
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Xephyr wrote:On the galactic map in 1.7, lines linking stargates can be curved by specifying a third point, so the line will go through all three points.
Ah, makes sense. Thanks!