[In Which I Play AGAIN] Following in Footsteps of Father

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?771 ... ike-G-Did-!

Yep, I've started another one! Modless playthrough this time (meaning I'll forget and lose equipment from random events, maybe).

Also, I'm 5 versions behind so I'm rather "blind" right now.

Currently just completed the tutorial and hope to see more of this plot. :3
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Updated!

Blazed through Formahaut since nothing ever happens there. This marks one of the few times I ever used a Laser Cannon Array.

I actually found a BM ID in a Charon Cache! :3
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ultimate Chicken wrote:This marks one of the few times I ever used a Laser Cannon Array.
My sincere condolences. :P
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

...That bad huh. <_<'

Maybe it should have a Turbo or X-Ray version :3
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ultimate Chicken wrote:...That bad huh. <_<'

Maybe it should have a Turbo or X-Ray version :3
The big problem is really that Spread3 configuration......and the rate of fire. A dual laser is considerably better than it. But hey, it's a low level gun.....so it's not something you stick with long enough to really have massive problems with.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

UPDATED!

I died. (Pirate Carrier on trade route) >_<'

But show must go on!
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Updated.

I MISSED THE CLASS V SHIELD AGAIN BECAUSE OF ANOTHER WAY TO PREMATURELY END KOROLOV

FUUUUUUUUU

Anyway, I need urgent remodelling. I'm looking to replace my current setup's mainstays with MorningStar, NAMI and Ceratops; hopefully I will profit a lot in the drug trade to make it happen.

Mark III did not spawn, so that's right out. >_<
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ultimate Chicken wrote:Updated.

I MISSED THE CLASS V SHIELD AGAIN BECAUSE OF ANOTHER WAY TO PREMATURELY END KOROLOV

FUUUUUUUUU

Anyway, I need urgent remodelling. I'm looking to replace my current setup's mainstays with MorningStar, NAMI and Ceratops; hopefully I will profit a lot in the drug trade to make it happen.

Mark III did not spawn, so that's right out. >_<
The Class V is a nice shield, but there's others that are almost as nice. Personally I'm a fan of the Nephren P25 over the Ceratops series, but they're both nice shields. The S500's a good one too, especially if you can get Hiro's ROM from the arena (or super-rarely as a random drop).

If you do find Mark III's, remember where they are. Most of the new Tinker recipes are still pretty terrible. But if you can get the dual Mark III then it's the single best blast weapon in the game. You need a bunch of money, two Mark III's and a Makayev enhancer to build it, so often you'll not be able to get it until it's almost useless. If you get it early though it's almost game-breaking. You do want to boost the rate of fire though....a high-speed loader and either an optimiser ROM (if you have trouble aiming it) or as many hexagene boosters as you can find (if you don't). And make sure you're running a decent drive. The recoil is....somewhat impressive.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Hiro still drops randomly? I've lately thought that its unique.

Also, I can aim better these days; the number of facings seems to have increased.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Ultimate Chicken wrote:Hiro still drops randomly? I've lately thought that its unique.

Also, I can aim better these days; the number of facings seems to have increased.
It may have changed.

And yes! All playerships are up to 120 facings by default. Personally I find it makes the Wolfen a lot harder...but the Osaka, EI500, Sapphire.....anything that isn't twitchty......really benefit from it.
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Updated!

I'm afraid the Slicer did me in, and I had to start from a few matches back. Pity, I had a pretty lucky run before him, even managing to take out the Molotok with low level weaponry. >_<'

In fact, I didn't have a better shield until the very last part >_<'
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Killed once more by Slicer. He's a worthy opponent now, doesn't ever run away to recharge shields like before. Giving him Makayev Launcher was an awesome idea >_<'

Anyways, I found a Tinker gathering in the next system. Love the new interface! And I MIGHT want an Omni X-ray. I don't want to waste Volkov for his X-ray, but the thought of doing this is mighty tempting. <_<'
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Update: Failed to save Charon again.

Charon Pirates need tweaking. The Marauder Raid Platform is flimsier than a Drake. Heck, the Charon Stronghold is flimsier than a Drake. Only the Fortress is as sturdy as a Drake.

I know the Morningstar is a pretty good weapon but it wasn't crazy good.

...Also, I think I'm not meant to loot the destroyed Korolov in Charon. But I did. >.>
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I only had enough time to complete Charon this weekend. Sorry. >_>'
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Blazed through St Kat's. Well not really, but I'm skipping a lot of inventory management.

...What do I do with a crapload of autons? Wait for an Auton Bay to spawn?