Data ROM in Raisu mission

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I was reading Data ROM in Raisu station mission and I was discover something.
Who was send "this" message?
In message, someone who send message say he/she feel uneasy, and have confrontation with Arco Vaughn. And he/she apologize and say they both will understand.
Also he/she say he going somewhere, because something call him/her. The word "Core" is give me strong suspection to someone.

And after all, I have collected evidence and build a unique theory.

Theory is: I suspect that who sending the message is ALL OF US! (I mean Main Character).

He/she said he going to Core, or we can say Galactic Core. And he/she say something await him/her, or I suspect Domina.

So we all just killing our brother/friend/acquaintance, Arco Vaughn, to save Raisu station?
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Probably! That thing is the Bermuda Triangle of Transcendence. What I think is that a close friend of Arco's left for the core and sent that message. We don't know how Helios (of CSC Antartica) had her hands on that Gem of Despair. And the name of the sender of that ROM is also Helios :shock:
regurgi
Miner
Miner

I always read that message as coming from a parent. So it forms a kind of tragic "See what happens to the kids left behind? Now hurry back to habitat 494 you monster"
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

regurgi wrote:I always read that message as coming from a parent. So it forms a kind of tragic "See what happens to the kids left behind? Now hurry back to habitat 494 you monster"
Then who is going to hunt down the Kronosaur, win the Arena, protect a couple of stations, destroy the fortress, get Dr Dall's device, kill Phobii, hunt down the Antartica, help the Huari, test the Lamplighter, help Dwalin, protect Point Juno, discover Esylium System, destroy the Worldship, help stations survive Iocrym, shut down the anomaly, kill the ICS, and get the hell out of the mortal plains?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Then who is actually sending that message? We as player or Helios as NPC? Oh my... head...
But still this mystery make me anxious to find out.
Maybe, George want to make this plot game more mysterious but not decreasing fun level.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Maybe someone before us has actually left the human space. Idk why, but I suspect Volkov's wife.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Volkov wife died in the way, you can find her, and if accompanied by Volkow, he left you after he finds her.
P.S.: Best is his "leave me alone" if he is leaving and you check status
Ultimate Chicken
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

In my IWIP of 1.1 I played this angle as Arco's dad having become a pilgrim in the same way you have become one yourself; this message is just a keepsake.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ultimate Chicken wrote:In my IWIP of 1.1 I played this angle as Arco's dad having become a pilgrim in the same way you have become one yourself; this message is just a keepsake.
 That’s always been my interpretation of it, though nothing is really definitively stated about it in game that I can recall. It seems open to individual interpretation.
 Just remember, you can only ever be the main character of your own story, and that holds true whether you’re a pilgrim in an upgraded Sapphire or a warlord in a heavy raider. Just like Vaughn isn’t ever going to know much about you, you might not ever know much about him.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Why doesn't George make a lore FAQ?
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Ultimate Chicken wrote:In my IWIP of 1.1 I played this angle as Arco's dad having become a pilgrim in the same way you have become one yourself; this message is just a keepsake.
I think that's how George interpreted the message in his video stream.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

gunship256 wrote:
I think that's how George interpreted the message in his video stream.
Enlighten me!
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I found the exact place where he talks about it:

https://youtu.be/qgMPeIEzRRc?t=16m35s
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Thanks mate!