First Place High Score Statistics

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Yukine
Anarchist
Anarchist

For the last three days ive slowly been climbing my score up the hard way on my first registered permadeath run of the game (no resurrections), no ferian miner exploits or even luminous drone farming, just plain good old dog fighting against ares shipyards. As of now my score is a bit higher than the current standing third place and I dont plan on stopping until I dethrone #2 and should my patience allow maybe even #1. However for the life of me I just cant wrap my head around how Faith was able to accomplish so many kills in under 8 hours, im not doubting the legitimacy of his/her score but its just such a mind boggling feat :shock: I know this question probably belongs in another thread but is enemy ship count generation completely random for each play thru or can it change every time you enter a system? Faiths Phobos kill counts stands at over 200 but their Deimos kill counts is much lower. In my current play thru its the very opposite, for every 3-4 Phobos dreadnoughts generated, I run into 5-7 Deimos destroyers and my kill count stands at 92 Phobos and 230 Deimos and I honestly wish it was the other way around as multiple dreadnoughts would help me reach my goal of 400 Phobos kills faster :mrgreen:
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's probably fair to bring legitimacy of this playthrough into question.

http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/game ... bhBzgNA%3d

18490 slaves freed and 38541 slaves offered to Domina probably isn't possible in eight hours. 70 system maps probably isn't either. Also take into account that the amount of ships destroyed far outnumbers the times they've fired weapons.

And then there's the 185 gems of despair and 979 longzhu spheres. This score is undoubtedly illegitimate.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I think at some point we're gonna need a wipe of the high scores. Preferably combined with a refactoring of the score system so it measures more than just how many enemy ships you've killed.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Yukine
Anarchist
Anarchist

I had not noticed the inconsistencies that you pointed out Xephyr, just like hackers in games like Dark Souls I dont get it :? I dont have the knowledge to understand how someone could modify their save file and still get it to connect the multiverse server like that, disheartening to know its possible. While I'm making my Ares kill count my current priority, I have not skimped on other achievement or the main story line either, if things like profits, CSC rank, mission completion/fails were to be taken into account id still have a pretty steep score. Ill be the first to admit achievement wise there is far more impressive stats currently posted, hats off and major respect to those with 100% quest completion, no backtracking or invoked powers :wink: However not to brag but my mastery of the inertialess drive is a skill in itself, and when compared to some of the current top score contenders my Wolfen build is under powered big time offensively, and yet im still able to take on more than one Phobos at a time become the barnacle and ride the whale without having to invoke shatter on them :) If and when a new list does come out hopefully things like capital ship kills wont be nerfed to the ground score wise, its taken me over 5 years to reach a skill level in this game to even be able to get past Saint K. without getting myself killed, let alone for me to even consider getting near a dreadnought. Its a bit petty but it feels really good to be a little competent with a game I've grown to love so much over the years. (edited for spelling)
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

No hacks were required in earlier versions, when you could input a negative number by entering a number large enough to rollover 32-bits. Players could give themselves an arbitrary number of credits or items by rolling over numbers. That has been fixed in more recent versions.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Yukine

forget that, best score is mine, I was already going to post here my PM 12,5 million score when I find out that there is new score on board, and honestly I was really pissed of.
Dogfight wit Ares shipyards lead to unwanted friendly fire, I´ve got last two Ares shipyards, most of others have been destroyed by Phobos/Deimos friendly fire.
Honestly, my best score game just turned out from only test game, and I destroyed most stations before system before Heretic, when I find out, that I´ve been bit lucky and can try PM now. So not too much stations for score hunt:(
At least I can still farm lobsters :)

To other replies.
I investigated this bit as well, and I see only one way how to get so many slaves, but not sure if is possible to run Huari missions again and again without giving slaves to Huary.
Any way, have anyone noticed that money of 1 place almost 400 millions, there is no way how to legally get so much money with so less destroyed ships.
and I also noticed that number of shots is lower then destroyed ships, even using area weapons will not explain it.

so have a nice sunny day
Mc2
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The Huari station you took the mission from will be pissed if you take the slaves somewhere else, and won't give you any more missions. You can do it with every Huari stations in the game, but there'll probably be no more than five at most.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sun1404 wrote:The Huari station you took the mission from will be pissed if you take the slaves somewhere else, and won't give you any more missions. You can do it with every Huari stations in the game, but there'll probably be no more than five at most.
More specifically, the mission-giving station keeps asking for their slaves. If you disposed of the slaves and cannot return them, you will never get past the constant asking from that particular station.

...Unless it was changed recently.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

and this definitely confirm, that first place used bug, or cheated.

I´m pretty wondering if the obviously not fairly achieved high scores will be removed.

Now, for me is the question, should I continue my score hunt to beat even the cheaters (he last one), or just stop and run into 1.7 :)

have a nice sunny day
Mc2
Yukine
Anarchist
Anarchist

Mc2 wrote:Yukine

forget that, best score is mine, I was already going to post here my PM 12,5 million score when I find out that there is new score on board, and honestly I was really pissed of.
Dogfight wit Ares shipyards lead to unwanted friendly fire, I´ve got last two Ares shipyards, most of others have been destroyed by Phobos/Deimos friendly fire.
Honestly, my best score game just turned out from only test game, and I destroyed most stations before system before Heretic, when I find out, that I´ve been bit lucky and can try PM now. So not too much stations for score hunt:(
At least I can still farm lobsters :)

To other replies.
I investigated this bit as well, and I see only one way how to get so many slaves, but not sure if is possible to run Huari missions again and again without giving slaves to Huary.
Any way, have anyone noticed that money of 1 place almost 400 millions, there is no way how to legally get so much money with so less destroyed ships.
and I also noticed that number of shots is lower then destroyed ships, even using area weapons will not explain it.

so have a nice sunny day
Mc2
I wanted to make a point of destroying more Phobos than the faux first place and towards then end I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get there due to the very reason you mention Mc2, I was down to my last shipyard and I was literally having to baby the Tundras and Deimos away, those two are the worst offenders when it comes to friendly fire and I learned quick that if faced head on near their point of origin, they make quick work of their homestead trying to land damage on you :lol: Luckily I pulled it off with the last lone shipyard down to 10% of health :) Good luck to your future high score endeavors but this will probably be my first and last for a long time, the last ten hours were personally complete torture. The targeting system was especially wearing my patience thin. I understand capital ships within a nebula are supposed to have a sort of stealth effect (at least that's what it seemed like to me) but you can fly up to a couple of hiding dreadnoughts with a swarm of sandstorms swarming you and even if you get within kissing range of the dreadnought the cursed targeting system will have you scroll through a multitude of smaller ships before it decides to lock on to the largest immediate threat(s). Just a thought for any future reworks of the targeting system, a toggle that gives priority to ships based on higher mass/weight would be very helpful.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

1.7 alpha gives Ares shipyards more hit points and some regeneration, and it seems like they can withstand friendly fire a lot better now.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Yukine

Maybe we should try High score hunt in 1.7, sound much better for us.
But I wount give up, now I have 15,5 M, so I reach little bit more than faith, to make me satisfied, and then I go into 1,7. :D

As I mentioned in this game I was really lucky, remember that phobos and his companions ambush me from nebulae, but I survived.
And honestly, with domina powers, I´m unbeatable by any opponent pretty long time.

Nice sunny day
Mc2
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Transcendence v1.7 High Scores? I'm f*ing coming!