Nerve wrecking scores.

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

http://transcendence.kronosaur.com/game ... bhBzgNA%3d
How. Just how. How on Eradani is that possible?
EDIT:
Just read the other thread. All my questions answered.

Seriously. We should moderate scores before they are posted. And I think the engine needs tweaking.
This code is by no means perfect. But gives an idea.
Also, the score should be affected by shot : hit ratio multipliers, friendly fire penalties (or maybe not), missions (if not already), etc.

Code: Select all

//***

srand (time(0));

const int TOTAL_LONGZHU;

longzhuChance = random (100, 0);

//level that supports longzhu

if ((level = true) && (longzhuChance = whatEver) && (TOTAL_LONGZHU > 0))
{
distribute.Longzhu;
}

//***
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Hit ratio multiplier?
Imagine that real Madrid plays with some Poland 3 league club, but looses because scores 3times from 20 shots and other one score one goal from one lucky action.

Have a nice sunny day
Mc2

P.S.: Wait for my score post, it will be not nerve wrecking, it will cause heart attack :D
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Yup. Total score earned * 2(shots hit) : shots fired. For gameplay reasons, the shots hit is being multiplied by two.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Generally, it's never worth suggesting an exact formula for a change. George is super-keen on spreadsheets and formulae and thus generally comes up with his own system.

That being said, it would be nice to see attention given to the score system. Perhaps not for 1.7, but in 1.8 perhaps. The current combat scoring is actually fairly robust....but as the game doesn't track anything else, it's both extremely simplistic and prone to being gamed/duped. I have previously made a ministry ticket (look in the 'multiverse' section) about the obviously glitched/cheated scores.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Mc2
Miner
Miner

Oh no, clearing area from wrecks means loosing score, because you need to shot without hitting target :(
And even I do not hesitate to shoot without 100% sure that I hit, now I´ll be more careful.

Have a nice sunny day
mc2