Twitch session with mods

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Shrike wrote:Question: Are you looking for mods for 1.7, or for 1.6.4?
I'll take either.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:
Shrike wrote:Question: Are you looking for mods for 1.7, or for 1.6.4?
I'll take either.
:D
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I'm honoured to see that one of my mods was already suggested!

As another suggestion, you could try using: Trade Assistant: a tiny mod that smoothens your trade experience.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

pixelfck wrote: As another suggestion, you could try using: Trade Assistant: a tiny mod that smoothens your trade experience.
~Pixelfck
It ain't tiny. Its 8KB of awesomeness! So, if I review, what this mod does is keep track of all your trades. It aims to help you maximize profit by never ever low balling! If you get the freighter with this one, you get to be rich. Filthy rich.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I can confirm at this point that a prototype/alpha version of the SNAPSS sound-overwrite system will be working soon and available for playing. So AP and I are definitely suggesting it now for a 1.7 playthrough. It changes the game a bit but not in any way that affects balance (although there are still a few non-gamebreaking bugs).

(I've just got to re-tune it for 1.7's damage values and replace 2 sounds that have some clipping issues....at which point the remaining WIP and placeholder sounds are more or less good enough for now. :) )
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I just uploaded a hotfix of Drake Technologies Alpha for 1.7 Alpha to Xelerus (see my signature for the link). If that mod gets included, it should be ready and good to go! It has a variety of items, some ordinary, some... more unconventional.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Another suggestion: List Ammo Compatibility can be a quality of life improvement for those who do not know what ammo a given weapon uses or what weapons can use some strange ammo found.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Waypoints mod is good. Adds a different feel to the linear game.

Also ReliefPack912. Modifies some of the 'tricks', like acid barrels and seizure of illegal goods.

And AP's and xephyr's playership mods. Great looking with some good effects.

CabbageCorp, DrakeTech and SM+M for adding heaps more of everything.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Waypoints is sort of a cheat. It is a convenience mod; but while the idea of any gate working as a hub may work great in Diablo 2, it might make things too easy in Transcendence.

Relief Pack 912 has not been updated lately, and it overwrites stuff. I do not know if it works for 1.7. The only things really notable there are patch spider use and one screen for Sung coffin rescue.

Drake Technologies, along with some others of mine, were just featured last night. Speaking of which, playback was amusing. Too bad George could not find the Tachyon Beamer, though he came close (but did not have New Coke to feed the angry NPC). No ZapSats either, although George probably would have been slaughtered. The shield weapons in DrakeTech (AutoBeamer, ZapSats) trade defense for more offense (and unreliable PD).

The silly questline near the end is a bit of a placeholder, and I thought about overhauling it to something better, but I just might leave it in (or preserve it in some form) for the silly amusement factor. George was lucky he fought the Sung instead of the more obnoxious freelancers.

Watching that playback exposed some things I need to address later (no mass for ammo compatibility, no item description for ordering items). For now, I am updating Playership Drones instead, restoring features PSD6 had but PSD7 does not. Just got done updating linked-fire weapons code, and I will slowly work on adding ships back. Next thing I plan to do is insert a capital ship (Charon Frigate, Dragon Slaver, Aquila, or something) and see what breaks and needs fixing.

Less than three weeks away for an hour of PSD. I need to work fast, and not let feature creep get in the way.

Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

May I remind you to also post these things on Youtube. Keeping that channel active is a source of free advertising.
Literally is the new Figuratively
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I've tried to get in contact with TVR, but couldn't. So I checked that PDmod still works ahead of time and did a little source-diving on it. Still don't know how it works ("Very well" is probably my best answer)....but I can confirm that apart from some graphical errors caused by 1.7's engine changes it seems to be working perfectly, and still does a better job than the stock algorithms for point defense.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I just uploaded a small mod called Domina Update. It causes Sustain and Defend to use procedurally generated effects instead of sprites. The effects should be an adequate replacement for sprites.

Hopefully, George will have Domina sprite replacements of his own in a future release.

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I updated the List Ammo Compatibility and Trading Post Menu mods. It should feature more information George wanted during his session with Drake Technologies.

Another mod to try out if limited cargo space is an annoyance: Bag of Holding. This gives the player access to unlimited storage that can be accessed from the cargo hold.

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Captain's Log is small, useful utilty mod. Here's a link and the description from Xelerus:

http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=773
In addition to letting you write notes to yourself it keeps track of the stations in each system, the type of system, and lets you mark the map and save your targets for later. Incorporating an improved version of alterecco's system log it lets you view the inventory of stations in past systems, and even search them from anywhere. It also keeps a record of when you docked, with what, when you left or entered which system, and what you have destroyed (big things only).

It manipulates the ship interior screen:
adds log and rename actions
replaces the first action on the ship screen with an alternate version of "Ship configuration" if detailed ship config is also installed, even on custom ship screens.