Twitch session with mods

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Today I finished my series on playing vanilla all the way to the end. While my performance was barely adequate (9 resurrections) I had a lot of fun and learned a lot. I'll post the remaining episodes on YouTube over the next week.

Meanwhile, I'd like to continue the Twitch sessions next week with some modded games. I'd love people to recommend some mods for me to try. For each mod, please include a quick pitch for why I should try it (as in, what's your favorite part of the mod).

Post your suggestions in response to this thread.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Question: Are you looking for mods for 1.7, or for 1.6.4?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I suggest my mod, Renegade beta: http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7589

Although the systems added are still incomplete, there's several factions added you can see along the main line of gates. It would be immensely helpful for balancing the extension (and making sure there's no cross-compatibility issues) if you included it.

EDIT: My "pitch": The extension adds five enemy factions that appear mostly in the Outer Realm - as well as several lines of weapons. Even without exploring added systems, it adds a lot ot the game.
Last edited by Xephyr on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

There is Playership Drones v7. Though it does not have all of the features it used to have (yet), you can still get multiple ships, and Eternity Port ships are usable in Stars of the Pilgrim and vice versa.

P.S. If you order from Corporate Trading Posts, you may like the UI improvements I did with Trading Post Menu, and if looting mined ore is still too slow, try Quick Loot Ore.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I was hoping for something with EP, if the mods we intend to use are compatible with that.

If not, Crystal Clear Iocrym is pretty cool. I've always thought that it'd be a good addition to the main game.

I'll also pitch my own Syndikat Fixes. It's a simple mod that makes the Molotoks spawned by the Black Market work a bit more cleanly by highlighting them as a hostile faction and putting a logical limit on when they can show up. The Black Market will also react a bit more sensibly if you attack their stations without being a member of their organization.
Last edited by JohnBWatson on Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:25 am, edited 4 times in total.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

It's not finished, but AssumedPseudonym and I would be happy to offer our current version of Shrike's 'N' AssumedPseudonym's Superior Sounds. Quick pitch: SNAPSS overrides the vanilla weapon sounds and replaces them with (currently somewhat placeholdery) sounds by yours truly. It does this without overriding the weapons themselves, so it works in pretty much any adventure that follows the same damage curves as stock. If you're sick of hearing the stock three weapon sounds over and over.....you'll still be sick of hearing the new ones over and over, but there will at least be more of them.

It'll take a little bit of work to get running (updating placeholder sounds to slightly better placeholder sounds), but that should be do-able before any modded stream starts. SNAPSS should be compatible with more or less everything....the only real bugs are engine-based. We'd need to know what version it'll be running on though......if it's on 1.7 it'll need an updated set of values so it plays the right sounds.

Obviously it's a bit of a risk to highlight a mod in progress, but we've been quite excited with this one, even though it's been on hiatus because of engine issues.

In terms of mods I haven't worked on....I'd suggest taking PDmod out for a spin. In one sentence: Point defense that isn't broken.
This is probably one of the best "fix a problem with vanilla" mods ever made.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I hope to finish my 1.7 update to Drake Technologies Alpha by this weekend. Been pouring much time trying to rebalance my stuff for 1.7 alpha.
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!

gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I'd also suggest Drake Technologies Alpha. PM has several types of new weapons, including fragmenting weapons, new missiles, beamers, point-defense devices that fit in the shield slot, and weapons with multi-colored rainbow effects.

The high-level missiles, in particular, add some variety to the late game. They make blowing things up visually appealing.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Beyond the Mainline is a must. Pair it with all the ^^^ mods, and you got yourself an adventure worthy of your time! This mod expands upon the systems, taking their maximum to 58(ish). They are like woven around the main Trans starmap, so you can always get to Heretic.

Also once I combined dozens of mods (idk which ones sorry), and voila! I started getting money from destroying ships! Later analysis revealed that the money I got was equal to the score value of that ship. If you can do that, you will find yourself rich. FILTHY RICH

And all the mods suggested above are awesome! They are sure to attract new users. I remember giving my buddy Trans 1.5, and the next day he was like "Hey! I got a tonne of mods, and thing is more crazy than GMOD!"

Hey Wolfy! TSB works with 1.7 yet? George would be pretty happy after using it, as I was. Seriously, its huge!

Not to talk of S'MnM and PSD! They are, like, awesome! How can you choose between them haha!

Watson's Syndicat fixes fix what was worth a fix---enemy Moltoks now appear red blips, instead of vanilla green.

I should give other mods a swing too!
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Last I checked, The Stars Beyond did work with 1.7, yes. I would heartily encourage giving it some airtime on Twitch. Also, The Backroads (though Imay need to make a few minor tweaks before it goes onto a live stream). Also also, might I suggest Cabbage Corp by Arkheias? There’s some really nifty stuff in there worth giving a look.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Maybe, you should add a Semesta Corporation mod. :-)
This mod contain some interesting weapon and devices, and some change to Vanila.
I'm still try to improving it, and give some suggestion to me about my mod (if you use it).
Also, there a Trade Item Extension mod included in Semesta mod.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Cabbage Corps yep!

THIS MOD helps you distinguish between ores. It adds new sprites for ores and fuel rods! I think it will work with 1.7

STRONGER CENTURI for some early game challange ;)

Too bad THIS doesn't work with 1.7

RANDOM STARTING EQUIPMENT goes more fun with S'MnM. Get random equipment at start.

KOLOREV DEFENCE UPGRADE is pretty nifty!

Too bad there are many great mods that don't work with 1.7 :( but still, enjoy what you can!
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

TheLoneWolf wrote: Not to talk of S'MnM and PSD! They are, like, awesome! How can you choose between them haha!
That one's actually quite easy if the game's on 1.7: SM&M++ is completely obsolete in 1.7. :P

(Might come back to it eventually though)

EDIT:

If the game is on a 1.6 version and the lack of compatibility isn't an issue....short pitch:

"The mod that tried doing what the 1.7 rebalance did, and didn't quite manage it. Revised and rebalanced weapons, new gear, new sounds, new not-as-snazzy-as-1.7 graphics and generally Nice Things That Go Boom. Not technically 'Balanced' per se, but close enough to be fun. "

Would be nice to get it played on stream before it drifts off into history. I never really got much feedback on it while I was still updating it.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Dude, you should update that thing! If it hadn't been for SMnM, I wouldn't have killed my first Phobos or ICS! George will miss out a lot of "shrike-ing" if he doesn't us 1.6.x then...
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Few other auton-related mods of mine, mostly mid-to-late game resources...

Wizard Auton: Accepts most ammo given to it and uses it to attack enemies. Originally made to solve the problem of how to use excess ammo players stockpile and otherwise do not need and have difficulty selling.

Auton Assembly Hangar: Very popular mod for a time, made before NAMI auton bay, though somewhat rebalanced since the latter's debut with Corporate Command to not totally overshadow it. Probably superfluous if Corporate Command is included. It creates autons from scratch from spare parts, instead of upgrading existing autons. You can make autons that use launchers and ammo, or side-mounted weapons, or mules that attract ore if given a miner's hold. Will raise power level, though not to the extent of Playership Drones.