Permission for Book

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
MikeAngora
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Dear George and fellow pilots.

We (Mike and Lone Wolf) currently working on a Fan Fiction "The Motivation" on the Fan fiction page and we've written quiet a few chapters and spin-offs on it ( The Pirate Gaiden and Legacy of Raul by Lone Wolf and The Motivation, The Motivation- the Calvin Taylor Shipuuden, The CSC Europa from the Motivation, and Spawn of Malevolence- The Rise of Calvin Taylor written by me) .
I'm planning to release these writings as a 'Free to read' short stories E- book and possibly a free hard copy book in the future (after tonnes and tonnes of editing of course).

I need know if I need any Copyright permissions for it since this is essentially Transcendence Fan fiction work and I'm using everything in the game universe including many of the original game's characters.
Again, this is probably gonna happen in the near or distant future cause there's lots and lots of editing to be done first.

Looking forward to your response!!

Cheers!

Mike
"Umm, I'm sorry I just killed your officer Akira, but he was getting on my nerves''
"Can I take his ship now?"

Calvin E. Taylor to Akira Gorbachev, the daughter of Ares Chief Admiral Vasily Gorbachev, after brutally killing one of her Tundra pilots.
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think, it's allright. Just like a unofficial mod, this story isn't all directly related transcendence, right?
By the way, good luck and good job. :-)
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

What? If you would have told me earlier, I'd have done much better. Currently I work in a 5000 characters per post limit :P
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

PM him as well.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Thanks for asking!

You have the company's permission to use characters, settings, and objects from Transcendence for your book, provided you adhere to the following rules:

1. Do not use the word "Transcendence" in the title, or otherwise imply that this is an official book.
2. Add the following text somewhere in the book (probably on the copyright page):

"Transcendence® and all its characters, settings, and objects are the property of Kronosaur Productions, LLC. and are used here with permission."

3. If you wish to charge money, contact me again and we can set up some very reasonable licensing terms.

Good luck and let me know when you release your e-book!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:Do not use the word "Transcendence" in the title, or otherwise imply that this is an official book.
Help me understand that please!
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

TheLoneWolf wrote:
george moromisato wrote:Do not use the word "Transcendence" in the title, or otherwise imply that this is an official book.
"Transcendence" is a registered trademark and is used solely for official material. I want a clear distinction between official material and fan-fiction. You cannot, for example, call your book, "Transcendence: The Motivation" because that would imply that this is an official storyline.

Does that make sense?
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:
"Transcendence" is a registered trademark and is used solely for official material. I want a clear distinction between official material and fan-fiction. You cannot, for example, call your book, "Transcendence: The Motivation" because that would imply that this is an official storyline.

Does that make sense?
OMG! :-O I used Transcendence word! But I will swiftly change my own fanfic title. But I have a problem, what a good title for it?
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote:
TheLoneWolf wrote:

Does that make sense?
Its quite clear now. Thanks!
MikeAngora
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

george moromisato wrote:Thanks for asking!

You have the company's permission to use characters, settings, and objects from Transcendence for your book, provided you adhere to the following rules:

1. Do not use the word "Transcendence" in the title, or otherwise imply that this is an official book.
2. Add the following text somewhere in the book (probably on the copyright page):

"Transcendence® and all its characters, settings, and objects are the property of Kronosaur Productions, LLC. and are used here with permission."

3. If you wish to charge money, contact me again and we can set up some very reasonable licensing terms.

Good luck and let me know when you release your e-book!
I'm not planning charge any money for the book yet and publish it as a free E-book (probably on Watt-Pad to begin with). However, if after reading the E-book you feel it can sell for money (which would be awesome!), please let me know. As far as licensing goes, I'll have to be in sync with TheLoneWolf since he's co-writing the storylines with me (and I've used many of his characters).
"Umm, I'm sorry I just killed your officer Akira, but he was getting on my nerves''
"Can I take his ship now?"

Calvin E. Taylor to Akira Gorbachev, the daughter of Ares Chief Admiral Vasily Gorbachev, after brutally killing one of her Tundra pilots.