If I enjoy combat in Transcendence

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Yukine
Anarchist
Anarchist

For someone that wholeheartedly enjoys the combat in Transcendence, which of the paid expansions would you guys recommend to try first, Eternity Port or Corporate Command?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

The most obvious answer is “all of the above.” ^.~

…More seriously though, I would probably suggest going for Eternity Port first, for the new storyline, new non-Domina-related powers, and completely new playership lineup. After that, grab Corporate Command, which expands upon Stars of the Pilgrim. Not only do you get to have a somewhat fresh take on the familiarity of SotP, but Corporate Command gives you a few new surprises in the mix that didn’t used to be there.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

CC has an a lighter difficulty curve and expands upon vanilla directly, so I'd go with that one first.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Let's see...

Eternity Port has the greater novelty value and there's genuinely new combat strategies, particularly based around the CDM powers that replace the Domina invokes. There's also new threats to worry about like Neuroplague (which is hideously unbalanced but oh well). Unfortunately it's also behind SOTP and Corporate Command in terms of balance, having not been a part of the big weapon balance change. It also has a few lingering bugs and issues and feels a little threadbare at times (although this is often because you've missed a critical station and need to backtrack to find it). That being said, it's definitely a solid thing when it's working and does have interesting combat.

Corporate Command on the other hand is basically more content to pack into SOTP, with an extra storyline threaded into it. The new factions are pretty neat, and the chimera versions of standard ships are sometimes really neat. It's a far smaller addon though and basically just expands the standard game.

Personally I'd agree with AP that both are worthwhile. While I don't play EP that much I do think it's probably the more novel experience in terms of combat. Even if you just end up EMPing ships so they fall into Sirius B. So yeah, maybe go with EP first.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

This seems like a good place to ask this. Would you guys recommend me getting the DLCs from steam, or from the Multiverse? Are there any drawbacks or positives to either?
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
Why must I keep running into that wall, impossibility?
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

I would get it from Multiverse unless you want Steam's bells-and-whistles, whatever they are.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Ok, thanks for the tip. I'll get it from the multiverse then, just because I get to keep everything in one place and won't have the steam integration bugging me.
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

If you buy both Corporate Command and Eternity Port via Multiverse and want Transcendence on Steam as well, just e-mail or PM George once you’ve made the Multiverse purchase. He can generate a Steam key for you, and has said before that he’s quite willing do so.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Oh, well that's cool. I'll definitely buy it on the multiverse then. Thanks for the tip!
---