Bering Station in 1.7 : just noticed

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I over-wrote the regular residentials then found it did not take......

Beat myself up over it THEN realized,
after several days of it being on my mind I needed to look into it further,
Bering Station has been reduced to a scrap of a station.

I am going to restore it in my Adventure to it's former Glory and give it a little extra somethings,
But I don't think it's fair for new players to miss this station's importance to the Primary Mission.

It gives the Player a "starting point" in the game, a belonging in Eridani, an explanation of how they got there in the first place......

I mean, to alter the text, maybe, but to remove the experience the station has given so many of us is just something I think extremely Odd.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I'm really tired at the moment, but is Bering Station the residential station in Eridani where you go to an apartment and hear the girl crying?
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
Why must I keep running into that wall, impossibility?
erwgd
Miner
Miner

Peter wrote:I'm really tired at the moment, but is Bering Station the residential station in Eridani where you go to an apartment and hear the girl crying?
It is! The station is just Commonwealth Residentials in-game, but in the code its ID is PilgrimBeringStation.
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I sort of feel like there should be more story to the station. Something else you can do at it. Anyone else agree, or...?
My dream is to one day discover that someone who plays transcendence lives near me and goes to my school. Then I can finally have a friend.
---
DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I think it's just an easter eggs.
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Probably. Still feels like it could be more though. :)
---
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

DigaRW wrote:I think it's just an easter eggs.
No, no and no...:) I always wanted to say that :)

the station is the point where the Player left to go to the Sisters because of the Calling of Domina,
this is why you start out at the Sisters instead of Bering Station : saves alot of text if the player isn't trying to explain the visions in their head, the scenes of wonder and horrors of battles yet to be fought.........and why they MUST go.

in Midst of Dragons I will return the station to it's original purpose,

but "it's my .xml" which means I will do what I always do ...start a fight :)

DigaRW
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's telling that the Player is have family, which he will leave them for his mission. Why? Because if player gender is male, it will tell "her mother trying reassure her". But if they are female, it will tell "her father trying reassure her".
Download Transcendence mods from Reinvented Workbench Project!
Click this link!
Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I just inferred it was family, didn't realize the sentence changes based on your gender.
---
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Peter wrote:I just inferred it was family, didn't realize the sentence changes based on your gender.
George & the community can do more then that to convince you Domina & Transcendence are Real enough ! :)

Space in Transcendence isn't a Fairy Tale ... take a peek :

Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

George & the community can do more then that to convince you Domina & Transcendence are Real enough ! :)

Cool! I already knew a lot of the game was named after real things (e.g. phobos, deimos, charon pirates, centauri warlords, etc, etc), but I never knew the systems were all based on real life!

Out of interest, what is that a screenshot of?
---
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Peter wrote:

Cool! I already knew a lot of the game was named after real things (e.g. phobos, deimos, charon pirates, centauri warlords, etc, etc), but I never knew the systems were all based on real life!

Out of interest, what is that a screenshot of?
the screen shot is the HUD ( Heads Up Display ) of my ship's ANC (Astrophysics Navigational Computer)

while Transcendence itself doesn't actually carry the ANC, nor do you land your ship manually , the ship & systems flown in ( resulting in the screen shot ) is ( almost ) identical to Community Sourced version of Transcendence.

Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

the screen shot is the HUD ( Heads Up Display ) of my ship's ANC (Astrophysics Navigational Computer)

while Transcendence itself doesn't actually carry the ANC, nor do you land your ship manually , the ship & systems flown in ( resulting in the screen shot ) is ( almost ) identical to Community Sourced version of Transcendence.
Cool! Are you a captain? (or maybe a pirate :))
---
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Peter wrote:

Cool! Are you a captain? (or maybe a pirate :))
usually both, often a passenger transport, but lately my computer graphics card and the .exe to run that game will not go together : that picture is from my last computer with a newer graphics card in it.

( can't complain, this one was a gift after my other computer died )

Peter
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

usually both, often a passenger transport, but lately my computer graphics card and the .exe to run that game will not go together : that picture is from my last computer with a newer graphics card in it.

( can't complain, this one was a gift after my other computer died )
Sounds cool!
---