How many game years to finish Trans?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

How much game time (years) does it take for the Average Pilgrim to start from Starton and kill the ICS, given they do EVERYTHING in game, and no speed runs or permadeaths?
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Naturally, there's a lot of room for variablilty, but let's take a playthrough time of 24 hours. For now, I'll ignore autopilot and other things of that nature.

There are 2 in-game seconds for every tick, and there are 30 ticks in a real-time second. A back-of-the-envelope calculation works out to sixty days of in-game time (two months) to escape the QZ (Correct me if I'm wrong, its late here).
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

60 days :o
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

That sounds right. It’s early here, but I think I can math enough to confirm a 1:60 RL-to-in-game conversion.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Even going around the world takes 80 days :P and peasants cross a alien kept quarantine zone in 3/4 of the time?
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

TheLoneWolf wrote:Even going around the world takes 80 days :P and peasants cross a alien kept quarantine zone in 3/4 of the time?
Haha, well these days, to circumnavigate to Earth, you could do it in 48 hours in a passenger liner, or about 16 hours in an F-16 (assuming no stops to refuel).

When we get into space terms, the real-world Voyager 1 spacecraft is traveling at about 62,000 km/h (so it would take about 40 minutes for it to fly around the world). As a fraction of lightspeed, as ship speeds are measured in-game, The Wolfen travels at .25c - about 12,000 kilometers per seceond. At that speed, it could circumnavigate the Earth in about four seconds.

Again, I'm not sure how much of my math is right, but speeds within the game are kind of ridiculously high.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Too high :P I believed the Audi R8 was the fastest person consumer vehicle @ 320KMPH. Now I know otherwise.

There should be a better timing system in Trans, that adds time on each docking and stuff.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The better question is "How many real years to finish Trans?"
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

1/365 years