Development of game has ended? :(

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Hi fellow explorers.

So it has been some years since I last followed this nice game, and still I see no expansion of the base adventure other than some cosmetics and general systems overhauls.

Is it safe to say that development has practically stopped (we are talking about several years...) and that there will never be any continuing to the galactic core?
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Nope, he’s still working on it. He regularly updates the dev wiki — where all of the classified material is kept — with what he’s been working on (and speaking for myself, I’m really looking forward to seeing how some of this stuff gets put into play). He’s even been known to give teasers at the end of his Thursday streams every now and then. Part II isn’t going to be released for a while, yet, but it is being worked on. Just be patient. Or, if patience isn’t your thing and Domina knows it ain’t mine, just keep waiting. ^.~

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Bruno wrote:Hi fellow explorers.

So it has been some years since I last followed this nice game, and still I see no expansion of the base adventure other than some cosmetics and general systems overhauls.

Is it safe to say that development has practically stopped (we are talking about several years...) and that there will never be any continuing to the galactic core?
The exact opposite. I believe it's scheduled for beta release some time before the end of this year, though I could be misremembering.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

According to the end of the last Twitch stream, an alpha of part II might get squeezed for release by the end of the year. There may also be another 1.7 alpha update in about two weeks.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
Bruno
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

PM wrote:According to the end of the last Twitch stream, an alpha of part II might get squeezed for release by the end of the year. There may also be another 1.7 alpha update in about two weeks.
Okay, so there is still work going on with the main adventure, that is nice to hear.

Judging from PMs post then alpha and beta of part 2 maybe next year then.

@AssumedPseudonym: Patience is a virtue :) However this game development is ulike anything I have seen elsewhere. I have literally got an education, career, marriage and 2 kids since the part 2 adventure was announced, so it seemed to be abandoned for a casual observer.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Bruno wrote:@AssumedPseudonym: Patience is a virtue :) However this game development is ulike anything I have seen elsewhere. I have literally got an education, career, marriage and 2 kids since the part 2 adventure was announced, so it seemed to be abandoned for a casual observer.
That's humbling for me. Thanks for sticking with us and sorry that it's taken so long! Part 2 is coming. Hopefully your kids will play Transcendence one day. If so, I suspect they will be clamoring for Part 3 when they're in high school!
Blitz
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Hehehe. I was still in high school when I first came across this game.

And to think I downloaded this only because it was small enough to download on my dial up connection back then...ah, nostalgia
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Blitz wrote:Hehehe. I was still in high school when I first came across this game.

And to think I downloaded this only because it was small enough to download on my dial up connection back then...ah, nostalgia
And I thought I was alone :D
Ttech
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

george moromisato wrote:
Bruno wrote:@AssumedPseudonym: Patience is a virtue :) However this game development is ulike anything I have seen elsewhere. I have literally got an education, career, marriage and 2 kids since the part 2 adventure was announced, so it seemed to be abandoned for a casual observer.
That's humbling for me. Thanks for sticking with us and sorry that it's taken so long! Part 2 is coming. Hopefully your kids will play Transcendence one day. If so, I suspect they will be clamoring for Part 3 when they're in high school!
Awee gee. I feel old now.