Forum theme

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.

What style should we use for the forums?

Absolution (current style)
15%
ForumUS
No votes
Milk
60%
Other (please specify in comments; must be phpBB 3.2 compatible)
25%

Total votes: 20
0xABCDEF
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Was destroyed by a Phobos-class dreadnought in the Eridani system

Is it possible to change the color of hyperlink text?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Seconded on that one. We could use a little more contrast for headers (eg the thread title that pops up above the editor when you make a reply is too dark), URLS and the post-count thing on user profiles. I think the regular text is fine though...and in general I rather like this theme already.

To non-staff users: Please also be aware that due to technical issues, we're currently facing a flood of spambot signups that we have to deal with manually (since automated systems weren't working properly and Google's anti-spam stuff was starting to suspect the forum email address as a result). So admin stuff may be delayed while we work that out (We've had like...twenty or so....spambots try to sign up today and we can't reliably tell them apart from real users). The forum theme is, however, finally here.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I like the new theme so far.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

I made some minor changes to the theme:

* I changed the accent color so that links are brighter.
* I made the section headers small (they use the same accent color, so they were too bright)
* I moved the avatar block to the left of a post instead of the right (I think it is easier to see who posted).
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

0xABCDEF wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:10 am
Not sure if the dark-text-on-slightly-darker-background is intentional but it can be difficult to read.
I agree. ATM it is too hard to read. The text in a post needs to be brighter IMO.

EDIT: Also the scroll bars are hard to see as are the filenames of attached files.

Actually while in the "Edit" screen the text is white (or brighter anyway) and very easy to read!
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!