I did it!

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It's been a few versions since I've beaten a game of vanilla transcendence. But I suceeded! And it only took 9 hours and 42 minutes. :P

A few observations:

I never used an ICX until Heretic. I just didn't need it, what with all the nice shields and armor lying around.

Armor was a lot more useful in this version than any of the others I've played. Good armor was a must have, between the ranx, the Sung Citadel's cyberattack, Ares Lightning turrets...just too many things that could take down a shield. Armor is your friend.

The system for armor/shield/weapon enhancements seems to have changed, in that you need to have something to take the enhancement off with before you can add another. So, Meteorsteel dust, Degen nanos, defective weapon roms, and decayed etherium crystals are all useful now.

The CSC antarctica is a pushover with a +150% IM90. Of course, most things are. That thing could take down the Iocrym's shields, if you spent long enough or used strengthen. :lol:

The 'unknown hostile' and Point Juno missions rock. But I want to see Ares Dreads elsewhere too. Pretty please? :D

Nice work, George. It feels like it's coming together very well. The later systems are much, much more balanced than they used to be, although the last few are still a bit 'eh, I dont' really need to blow everything up here.' But there are fewer of those, certainly. I think HD whatsit was the only one.

Huzzah!
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Congratulations! And thanks for the summary--it always helps me to hear how people play.
Frits
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

*is hugely impressed* In less than 10 hours, how do you gain upgrades so fast? Destroying friendly stations maybe? ..I don't dare take on the corporate cruisers.
I thought i am getting close this time but now that my patchspider is damaged i'm in big trouble *continues playing*
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Let's see...

Using the sapphire, started out by getting a mining laser in the second or third system and using it. LOTS. Going out and getting two or three full loads of non-titanium ores in each system, and buying whatever I needed. For a long time I had three weapons; one kinetic, a dual turbolaser, and a mining laser.

That got me the money to upgrade whatever I needed as I got the chance; the only chokepoint was fuel. I avoided getting my Nova-100 until I was almost to St. K's, where I knew there would be fuel stations.

Past St. K's, I snagged a dual particle to replace my T-laser with. Marauders beware. Mammoth-25 replaced my S100, followed by a -50. I found some ferians somewhere that were kind enough to lend me a plasma torch, and ran into a system with one of those lovely little reddish starts and an inner asteroid belt. That got me at least 100K by itself, I think. Those belts yield xenotite or gold ore at worst, etherium at best. Somewhere in here I bumped up to an SN250 reactor.

A little later on a Dual Tev9 replaced my particle beam, and a switched to a Shtorm for my secondary. With a +fast it made for an excellent base cracker.

From then until I started hitting CSCs, it was just destroy, loot, repeat. I can't remember anything specific that was really useful, but armor in general is a good source of cash. I got up to 600,000 credits at one point. But then I ordered a Hyperion from a Corporate trading post, so...

One of these days I'm going to have to get video capture of a game, start to finish, then turn it into some sort of big long story. Should be fun. :D
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞