Ships compared to human model

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've made some images comparing the size of some ships to a human model of 1.8 meters, and thought maybe some people might be interested in seeing them.

http://imgur.com/a/uFirz

On the bar on the left of each image, each bar represents one meter. Interestingly, the Manticore's cockpit is too small to stand in. Maybe you'd be lying prone when piloting it.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
TheLoneWolf
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Do you know how helpful this is for me and Mike? THANKS MATE!!!!
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Hub, these are honestly significantly larger than I expected. Even capital ships are quite modestly sized in this setting.

Ships are even smaller in Anacreon. Transports have the same capacity as a 737 and all but two ships are lighter than some modern airplanes.
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

Watch TV, Do Nothing wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2017 2:42 pm
Ships are even smaller in Anacreon. Transports have the same capacity as a 737 and all but two ships are lighter than some modern airplanes.
The Anacreon UI is hilariously inconsistent about mass/capacity units. Mass is measured in kilotons, but transport capacity is measured in "standard transport units" which is a single Reliant-class jumptransport. A Reliant-class can carry 20 kilotons. [In contrast, the max take-off weight of a 747 is 0.4 kilotons.]

A single resource unit (e.g., 1 unit of hexacarbide) is 1 kiloton.

An infantry unit is 5,000 people plus equipment, massing 20 kilotons in total.

The jumptransport will be the smallest freighter in Anacreon. Slow freighters should have capacities of 1 megaton at least.
Watch TV, Do Nothing
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Oho, I thought they were tons! That makes a lot more sense.

A 737-800BCF has a cargo capacity of up to 23.9 tons, so I was going off of that.