steam vs multiverse downloading

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I bought CC and EP through Steam using a Steam pre-paid card. Unfortunately this doesn't seem to allow downloading them via the Multiverse. It is much more convenient for me to download updates by extracting the game from the zip file and logging on, rather than going through Steam, because I use different computers all the time.
Is there a setting that I can change or something similar which would make CC and EP available by logging on through the game outside of Steam?
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
0xABCDEF
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant
Location: Was destroyed by a Phobos-class dreadnought in the Eridani system

Ask George to get a Multiverse code for your Steam copy. There is currently no Steam integration for the Multiverse.
DracoBorealis
Anarchist
Anarchist

I have this very same same problem, in past I could just play stream version but since I run on linux now I have acess to the site version only, are there any plans to release linux version onto steam or tie my steam account to multiverse so I can play the game with addons I already purchased? I want to say that I enjoy game very much as its the best space shooter/rogelike of a bunch I have tried. My steam account is named same as the one I got here btw.
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Transcendence works fine with Wine. So should also work with Proton.
However I think sending George a Personal Message should work to get you a multiverse ID so you can play Transcendence on Linux without Steam.
DracoBorealis
Anarchist
Anarchist

I did so and await response from George.