Suggestions

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
PitLord
Anarchist
Anarchist

In my wondering around the web I cam across the site http://www.lostvectors.com. In the text box at the top the sites author has a little space combat game running. You have to invest a few second worth of reading to get to play it. Its really just a demo, and its not all that much like transcendence. However it does have a really pretty slick zoom system where you can zoom on the fly in mid game. I was thinking that though technically difficult or even impossible this would be really nice to have in transcendence. It would allow players to zoom out and deal with far off enemies or really massive capital ships or zoom in close for combat with faster fighter type ships. The ability to make things bigger would also help to distinguish capital ships in transcendence, a line I personally believe is fairly blurry.

Regrettably I think this would be really hard to do. I am fairly sure lostvectors is pulling off their zoom system with vector models. Something like that would probably have to be built into a game from the beginning or at least constitute a major engine over hall.

Anyway I am just curious what people think.