Easiest way to make money early in the game

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.

Do you like this mod

Yes, i love this mod
50%
No, i dont like this mod
50%

Total votes: 2
Tobiusinamour
Anarchist
Anarchist

I found a really good way of
a) not ever dying (exept radiation and running out of fuel
b) making about 50,000 credits in your your first half hour of the game

Try this mod: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=1376
put it in your Extension folder.
Use the Gull class skiff, once you spawn, go straight to Starton Eridani, there, most armour and weapons say 'this device is not supported' but at the bottom of the weapons list, is a few OverPowered weapons, I got a nanoseek launcher, and existence faliure mechanism, and Plasma cascade launcher, and negation launcher with just the starting money. Then, (you have a system mapping device) there is one station (not raisu) out in the asteroid belt, or on its own around a planet. Go to this place, (it should be armour dealer). Go to upgrade you sheild, scroll down to reflwctor sheild, it is the one with 1 hp and says, reflects all atacks, all of them. I tested this by going up to any enermy fortress and just sitting there for 5 minuets. It had not registered any damage. Go one shot arco-vaughn (just because you can) and wipe out every baddie in every system. A few systems later I installed a mining laser. Once you get to korolov do their most expensive missions. Then go one shot the fortress (is extremely satisfying). In the arena, take on the hardest oponent with the nanoseek blazing, then when you get to 1,500 credits and above,i swap to the plasma cascade launcher. Press E, enter combat, T, target, Spacebar, gone in a puff of smoke. Go through the missions until you can challenge the Slicer. Do same as above, E, T , space. She never landed a shot on me. By this point, after i sold all the loot from the wrecks, i had 55,000 credits. My armour I upgraded once before found the deflector. it is still 78 hp. Only downside of this is you, WILL NEED TO DELIBERATELY CONTAMINATE YOURSELF AT SOME POINT AND GO TO A TINKERS. There is no radiation immune armoir for the gull that i know of. Emp is your other mortal enermy. You just have to wait for it to stop and wipe them out.
PLEASE NOTE: WHN THINGS ANNOY ME OR ARE IN MY WAY, THEY GO BOOM!
(i have the quntum sphere and the locrym avallanche cannon(and a personal bodyguard of 10 1Mi's and 8 1m's.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Minor problem with that whole strategy: Most of the weapons, shields, and armor mentioned in it are not in “AE — Playerships” linked above, but in “AE — Overkill”, which is a godmod that doesn’t even try pretending to be balanced. (I would know, I wrote both of them, and there’s a reason Overkill’s tagline is, “Download. Destroy. Laugh maniacally.”)

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Not my kind of game, way to easy with this mod.

And the reward is only a few credits? Boring, but I can imagine it to be a little bit of fun for a very short while.

Like playing the Renegade mod, and when finally leaving citadel space instead of continuing to the core, going the other direction, to Eridani and blazing your way with ease trough the first half of the game.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

that's a fun godmod, but as a definition of godmod, it's fairly unbalanced. Or unfairly unbalanced ? but yeah, nothing can stand a chance against those weapons.

btw, welcome to the forums :D
Tobiusinamour
Anarchist
Anarchist

I am slightly confused as my ONLY mod is AE playerships. On the start screen, my only extensions are: Osaka, and playerships. could you please explain what is going on?
i only have that one folder in my extensions folder.
PLEASE NOTE: WHN THINGS ANNOY ME OR ARE IN MY WAY, THEY GO BOOM!
(i have the quntum sphere and the locrym avallanche cannon(and a personal bodyguard of 10 1Mi's and 8 1m's.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…Hm. If that’s the case, there might be something screwy with the version that’s uploaded to Xelerus. I’ll give it a look later this afternoon and see what gives.

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I just downloaded the mod from Xelerus and it doesn’t have anything from Overkill in it. At this point I’m as confused as you are. o.O

Femaiden
Anarchist
Anarchist

sooo, basically, the easiest way to make money..is to download a mod that makes it easier to make money..