Bringing any gameplay systems over from expansions?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
WeedersDog97
Anarchist
Anarchist

I really liked the Armor Nanoforge from ET. As for the Nami auton bay from CC... well, that one needs some work, but it is essential from making autons viable. Are either of these systems coming to the base game? I know they are from the paid expansions, meant to be exclusive to draw in sales, however they really do add needed depth and variation to the gameplay. The Armor Nanoforge helps tie in mining to the game for something other than making money, and the auton bay (which really does need some tweaks but that is for another thread) adds a whole other play style. I guess, the most frustrating thing is that all gameplay systems aren't in the same adventure, even if you do buy both of the expansions.

In summary, I would love to see both of these systems integrated fully into the base game; and I truly believe when Part 2 comes out, having both of these systems in place would really go far in showing new people just how much this game has to offer. However, if that is not possible an "easy fix" I would like to see would be adding UAS Metropolises to the station spawn list of The Stars of the Pilgrim upon buying ET, and allowing Nami auton bays to spawn in ET upon buying both expansions(if they don't already, I can't recall ever seeing one, but they are quite rare).
You don't know the power of intersecting faces...
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Armor nanoforge is similar to the tinkers, which are already present. You can mine ore and use it to build things there. Ore will also be used in Part II crafting. So no worries there, it's coming to the base game, just in a different form.

Auton balance in general has been in need of adjustment for a while. Improving the AI would go a ways towards this.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

What might be fun is combining part 1 with part 2. Unfortunately, attempting that - or just simply porting mods that include Human Space library to part 2 - results in many Ares stations, among other late Outer Realm encounters, polluting Mourner and Exsillium systems where they do not belong.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
WeedersDog97
Anarchist
Anarchist

JohnBWatson: be honest, how many of the tinker recipes do you really use, I use about 2 (patcher arm if I don't already have one, omni x-ray) and most of the others I never touch because they don't actually provide better base items, they only make standard items with unique bonuses. That's the difference, and to me, getting stronger base items seems a lot more rewarding for taking the time to haul components around.

PM: I was only asking to add the stations with armor nanoforges to part one, not part two(probably in the stretch between St. Kats and Jiang's star would be best). And JohnbWatson said there will be a different use for ore in Part two, so that's good news!
You don't know the power of intersecting faces...
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

I don't use armor nanoforge either - crafted equipment isn't ever really worth the time, given the fact that pretty much every item in the game can be looted or bought in a single playthrough, and money isn't really an object. Crafting only makes sense in games where either (good) equipment is sparse or money is. Transcendence is generous enough that there's no real reason to craft anything.
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

WeedersDog97 wrote: I was only asking to add the stations with armor nanoforges to part one
This might be possible now with the optional libraries code. You would need to have bought the expansion so the code still remains restricted.
But possibly everything might come over too, like Part 1 into Part 2. Not sure on that.

Anyone know if there is a stumbling block that would stop this?
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The attached mod adds the "Armor Forge" action to all startons.
EP needs to be in the Collections folder and the 'SOTP Nanoforges' mod needs to be selected for Part 1 (SOTP).

I did no testing other than forging the three basic armor types at a starton so bugs may appear with further gameplay.

The Armor Forge action will appear in startons if EP isn't in the Collections folder but it does nothing except show an error. I'll try and fix that.
Attachments
AddNanoforgeSOTP.xml
(2.47 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!