Ares dreadnought

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I've had problems with fighting these guys before getting the lamplighter, even with a fast fire plasma cannon. What do you suggest?
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

A good ion weapon is your friend. A manueverable ship is your friend (i.e. not the freighter). Focus on one segment of the ship; I like the front of it personally. Try and maintain a specific range, firing while their turret is recharging, then dodging and repositioning.
X-ray laser! Pew, pew pew!
> = = = = ۞
Lord Trogg
Miner
Miner

I use an blue etherium crystal on my shields to effectively make me immune to it's ion turret and then I try to get an im90 blaster which I enhance to +150%. When I'm fighting one I aim for all my shots to hit the same place, the front is easiest because of the shape and the fact that the thing likes to face you to fire it's plasma cannon. I've also done it with one of those commonwealth plasma cannons. The ion reflect is necessary so that it's ion weapon doesn't get through your shield and then all you need is a powerful weapon. With an im90 though you can bring one down in several seconds actually (I've done it).
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

My problem would appear to stem from the fact that I used a +150% veil instead of a ion reflect
Lord Trogg
Miner
Miner

On shields it is better to use etherium crystals rather than increase it's size. I find that if you increase a shields size then it just means that it takes more energy to recover. The iocrym veil doesn't really need to be bigger because it regenerates so quickly.
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I like the increase because it protects well against archcannon fire, since that is always a problem when i get ion reflect. It was a problem before .98 and is a worse problem now.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

(name here) wrote:I like the increase because it protects well against archcannon fire, since that is always a problem when i get ion reflect. It was a problem before .98 and is a worse problem now.
Could always try to find the Ion Reflector shield and then use positron reflect on it. Half the problem solved, just have to deal with that huge plasma cannon of the beasts.

Good plus about duo reflect is the greater chance of their fire hitting their own. :twisted:
goat not sheep
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

When i fought the Phobos...i had and enhanced Iocrym Veil(once with diamond Field) and a IM07 Multi-Target(fast). I find that works very well against the Phobos. Also...the wingmen did help too.
>.<
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

goat not sheep wrote:When i fought the Phobos...i had and enhanced Iocrym Veil(once with diamond Field) and a IM07 Multi-Target(fast). I find that works very well against the Phobos. Also...the wingmen did help too.
you're kidding about the wingmen, right? as for the ion reflector, I don't want to fly around in somthing that a kiloton cannon can take out in one hit. I still remember my career with an ion reflecting veil, which folded like a house of cards when a dreadnought attacked
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

If you can get hold of one of the Taikon series deflectors and an ion reflector, you're in good shape. I don't use the veil much, myself.
> = = = = ۞
Psycholis
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

agree with the taikon. i dunno how well it is against positron, but ranx dreads almost never bring that shield down.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The wingmen do help.
In the time it takes them to get slaughtered, you get a couple free shots in.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html
Fossaman
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

In the time it takes them to get slaughtered, you get a couple free shots in.
Cynicism ++

:P

Positron damage is a problem, but I find that there's rarely enough of it around to knock out your shields as long as you have ion reflect on as well. Just blow up the positron wielders first.
> = = = = ۞
(name here)
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

You do know that reflect degrades as your shields take damage? positron is also a problem because single shots do a lot of damage.