Death during 1st CW mission

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
F50
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

So you would think that surviving long enough to make the rounds around the Stargate would be easy enough. Its a level 4 system. I have an S500 and a Shuriken with +Fast. There was no reason to worry. So suddenly I see ferrians whipping by me while I am on autopilot. Then I see the base. Then I hear the noise of weapons on my armor. Oh shoot. I died before I could press "i" "a".

I was using the Ferrian Warship mod.

Somehow I still did not manage to fail the mission. But I DID manage to die trying. So, as the saying goes, I did both: succeed AND die trying.

Afterwards I looted the wreaks of some tasty BM stations, taking all of the legal equipment and selling it to the CW. Actually I kept the one segment of heavy orthosteel :) and some quadrocarbide from the cruiser wreak. Those things really should become hostile as soon as you get half of their shields down.

With the money I got the NX reactor and a patch spider which somehow could repair my armor even when the CW station couldn't and bought some more insurance for next time.
dvlenk6
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Nice to see the Ferians getting some payback. :twisted:
F50 wrote:... a patch spider which somehow could repair my armor even when the CW station couldn't...
CW stations can't repair armor over level 7, dry docks can do level 8.
Patch spiders can repair any level armor, AFAIK.
"War is hell."
-William Tecumseh Sherman
http://dvlenk6.blackraven3d.com/transgals.html