Is VOTG ever going to be released?

General discussion about anything related to Transcendence.
mattheweveringham
Anarchist
Anarchist

I love this game but feel like it's finished or something, no new updates in a while. Is VOTG going to ever be finished? i love the concept and want more but really want votg to really get a release, it's a great concept but part 1 has been around forever and im struggling, i want more transcendence! i know these things take time but i feel like it has been abandoned. Are there any updates on part 2 at all?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

George (the developer) has been doing a lot of consulting work over the last year or so I believe, and with that + his family he hasn't had the same amount of time for development. It's unfortunate, but he needs to pay his bills. Given he's been working on this game for over 20 years now... I'm pretty sure he'll get there eventually. VotG is a massive project and there's some other things planned for 2.0 that are quite ambitious and will take some time to pull off.

...though I wouldn't mind seeing the alpha bumped up to the current API to allow for modding.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
juandoe121
Anarchist
Anarchist

I wonder if it is an issue of funding that George has to split his time between the game and his other job. If there was some way that his game could catch on to a bigger crowd and that there's an interest with it then it could be possible. But Oh well. A man can dream,. Also is there somewhere that I can find a guide of VOTG because I'm kinda lost in it. especially when trying to get military tech but can't because I have no idea on how to get an ID.