Anton Nasser drifting away

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

In the Silla-system after starting the mission and halfway to the target Anton Nasser startet to turn his ship around and he flew away a whole system diameter before he came back. Strangely a T-31 came from the same direction. I didn't follow him, so I don't know if anything was there.
This has happend twice to me.
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Same problem in Anaxas, Anton Nasser wiggled from left to right and only moved inches. After the mission he went to the next system.
Kate Morgental moved somewhere else, after destroying the station I got a Nice Shoot from somwhere out of the system.

Edit:
It happend also in Gunsan, Anton and Kate were useless. I think this mission is nearly impossible alone.

Edit2: I'm now in my second game and Anton still doesn't work.

Edit3: For writing the last edit I saved my game while Anton was still drifting. After loading he flew just fine and finishing the mission was easy.
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I'm getting the same sort of problem. Nasser zigzags off to the edge of the system. I hope he will get better after a reload. In a previous system he went AWOL and I completed the "wait for Anton and Kate" part of the mission by leaving the system to reset things....

If I'd known he was going to do this I wouldn't have carefully cleared out all the guards before talking to him...

PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

This is the same kind of behavior exhibited by ships with more than 40 facings, ships with odd maneuverability and 40 or more facings, or many ships when overloaded (unlikely for big ships).

I do not have CC's xmls handy, so what maneuverability does Nasser's ship have? Is it an odd value?
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

I haven't the faintest idea what counts as "normal", but...
mass="8000"
thrust="5000"
maneuver="12"
maxSpeed="20"

Kate, by comparison, has mostly the same numbers, except a thrustRatio of 2 (equivalent to 16000 I guess)
starstrike
Anarchist
Anarchist

I get the same in Silla - while/after destroying the Charon station, Anton runs away faster than I can hope to catch up. Last I saw of him he was 6000 ls away and rising. I gated out and back in and now cannot target / find him. Ditto after save and reload.

First time playing CC so a bit disappointed not to find out where the story leads.
snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

starstrike wrote:I get the same in Silla - while/after destroying the Charon station, Anton runs away faster than I can hope to catch up. [...]
Just sit still; he'll catch up eventually

Alternatively, if you've played before, just head toward the ultimate target.. again he'll catch up and/or pass you
Dom 8-)
SpongeJr
Miner
Miner

I just experienced this in the Silla system. On the first mission I got from Anton, he programmed the target into my ship's computer and proceeded to take off in exactly the opposite direction.

After TVR___ on IRC pointed me in the direction of this thread, I decided to try exiting altogether and reloading my saved game. It worked perfectly. Anton "came to" (I suspect he may have been hopped up on Tempus) and immediately corrected his course, offering no explanation. When I asked him about it, he sheepishly mumbled something or other about a "bug in a navigation ROM biosoft". Likely story.

Note: The important part of this really did happen to me. I did embellish the story a little... there might not have been quite as much actual interaction between me and Anton.
I'm working on new sounds for Transcendence. Check out what I have so far: http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=825
(still a work in progress, but it does work!)
starstrike
Anarchist
Anarchist

Well, my second experience in the Silla system went no better. After meeting Anton, he sent me off so we could blow up the Chimera together. Then proceeded to sit still.

I thought "great, this time he'll still be there when I'm done", went off to the chimera, found out they're pretty tough to handle solo and had to flee the system to get my armour repaired. When I came back, Anton was - again - nowhere to be found.
Shaman
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

These events don't happen every time. I had games in which Anton was fully functional and some in which he flew off somehwere. Strange thing.
snafu
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Every time (only about 3 so far, sorry) he's started off at approximately 180deg from the target direction. Once I get about halfway to the target, he turns around and arrives at about the same time I do

Since he kills+destroys pretty much everything in sight perhaps this is intentional in order to allow the player to grab some loot..? :)

I tried following him once; got fed up after a couple of mins or so (120 or so secs) flying in the opposite direction to the marker, so I boosted back towards the target. I only arrived approx 30secs ahead of him..
Dom 8-)
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

This happened again for me in 1.3 RC2.
In the Silla system, right after undocking (after accepting the mission), Anton flew away on a course more or less 180 degrees from the target marker.

Interestingly enough, he did message me a 'nice shooting' after a while (but he was no where near the target location, instead, he was far off in blank space, and I've not seen him since).

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

pixelfck wrote:This happened again for me in 1.3 RC2.
In the Silla system, right after undocking (after accepting the mission), Anton flew away on a course more or less 180 degrees from the target marker.

Interestingly enough, he did message me a 'nice shooting' after a while (but he was no where near the target location, instead, he was far off in blank space, and I've not seen him since).

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Could you send me the save file? I'd like to take a look ([email protected]).

My current theory is that the path-finding algorithm (which attempts to avoid enemy stations) is buggy. But I can't reproduce it, so I don't know what the problem could be.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

george moromisato wrote: Could you send me the save file? I'd like to take a look ([email protected]).
done

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
george moromisato
Developer
Developer

pixelfck wrote:This happened again for me in 1.3 RC2.

Cheers,
Pixelfck
Could this have happened AFTER a reload? For example, if you took the mission, and it auto-saved, and then you died and restored, then I can see a bug which would cause Anton to drift forever. [I've fixed that problem.]