Enemy ships can't seem to get enough?

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've been seeing a lot of enemy ships, after destroying friendly stations, continue to fire upon them.
It makes it easy for the player to cap these ships off because they don't fire back at the player, they just continue firing at the destroyed station.

Has anyone else been experiencing this?
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

FAD wrote:I've been seeing a lot of enemy ships, after destroying friendly stations, continue to fire upon them.
It makes it easy for the player to cap these ships off because they don't fire back at the player, they just continue firing at the destroyed station.

This is a really, really old bug that's been 'fixed' about 6-8 times thus far. It has an amazing ability to reoccur in new and spectacular ways. Got any screenshots+version/extensions data?
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
FAD
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:
FAD wrote:I've been seeing a lot of enemy ships, after destroying friendly stations, continue to fire upon them.

This is a really, really old bug that's been 'fixed' about 6-8 times thus far. It has an amazing ability to reoccur in new and spectacular ways. Got any screenshots+version/extensions data?
Sorry, no screenshots. V1.2 with CC and Osaka were the extensions. Was doing a vanilla run at the time.

And I do recall this occurring a few years ago but this is the first I've seen of it since. Most of what I saw were capital ships hammering away at destroyed stations. Haven't seen any smaller ships doing it. The last one was a Worldship spanking a destroyed, turreted, Commonwealth station. An easy kill since it never fired back at me, it was too busy trying to make sure every last person on that station was dead, I recon. :lol:
Aeon Blaze
Miner
Miner

I have noticed that too actually.. This screenshot is from Charon system. The corsair is oblivious to my presence. Super easy kill. :)
Attachments
scr.JPG
scr.JPG (17.2 KiB) Viewed 2767 times