Raisu/Arco Vaughn bug.

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

…Or, “How To Get Raisu To Tell You Where Arco Vaughn Is (Without Firing A Shot).”
 Actually, it’s fairly easy, if rather tedious. Find a Centauri station and fly around it while dodging incoming fire. There are better-than-even odds that the raiders will blow up the station before the station blows up the raiders — especially if there’s a heavy raider involved. Repeat three times, try to get the raiders blown up in the ensuing explosion, and drag any survivors out to Starton Eridani and let the Centurions deal with them, and voila! Erica’s ready to talk. (…Okay, so you do have to deal with the raiders circling Raisu yourself, but that’s a technicality… ¬.¬; )
 I’m almost tempted to not report this one as a bug, though, seeing as it’d probably be in-character for them to deny responsibility and blame the guy who taunted them into having lousy aim, but Raisu probably has information sources other than just what the warlords are telling them. Especially with that one Centauri camp being in LRS range of the Starton cluster of stations.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Personally I consider this a feature. :P

Also: It's not that hard to get the centauri around Raisu to kill each other.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Aury
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Location: Somewhere in the Frontier on a Hycrotan station, working on new ships.

I think it should be allowed, but perhaps other dialogue should be given (since otherwise you'll never get his location without adding more stations to the system magically)
(shpOrder gPlayership 'barrelRoll)
(plySetGenome gPlayer (list 'Varalyn 'nonBinary))
Homelab Servers: Xeon Silver 4110, 16GB | Via Quadcore C4650, 16GB | Athlon 200GE, 8GB | i7 7800X, 32GB | Threadripper 1950X, 32GB | Atom x5 8350, 4GB | Opteron 8174, 16GB | Xeon E5 2620 v3, 8GB | 2x Xeon Silver 4116, 96GB, 2x 1080ti | i7 8700, 32GB, 6500XT
Workstations & Render machines: Threadripper 3990X, 128GB, 6900XT | Threadripper 2990WX, 32GB, 1080ti | Xeon Platinum 8173M, 48GB, 1070ti | R9 3900X, 16GB, Vega64 | 2x E5 2430L v2, 24GB, 970 | R7 3700X, 32GB, A6000
Gaming Systems: R9 5950X, 32GB, 6700XT
Office Systems: Xeon 5318Y, 256GB, A4000
Misc Systems: R5 3500U, 20GB | R5 2400G, 16GB | i5 7640X, 16GB, Vega56 | E5 2620, 8GB, R5 260 | P4 1.8ghz, 0.75GB, Voodoo 5 5500 | Athlon 64 x2 4400+, 1.5GB, FX 5800 Ultra | Pentium D 3.2ghz, 4GB, 7600gt | Celeron g460, 8GB, 730gt | 2x Athlon FX 74, 8GB, 8800gts 512 | FX 9590, 16GB, R9 295x2 | E350, 8GB | Phenom X4 2.6ghz, 16GB, 8800gt | random core2 duo/atom/i5/i7 laptops
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Personally, I don't see what needs changing. Killing the Centauri raiders by tricking them into destroying their own bases is still your own action, really. Logically, someone who flew around pirate stations getting them to destroy themselves would be treated much the same as someone who destroyed them through conventional means, especially considering how unreliable the communication in the Transcendence universe is established to be(luring Phobii over to ringer stations leads the Fleet, the military arm of the Commonwealth with supposedly advanced intelligence operations, to assume you killed them, and even Decker himself has nothing but his suspicions to go on if you destroy the group of capital ships he sends after the Antarctica).
StealthX051
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Well, I am no coder but it seems as if it goes on Centauri stations destroyed, not killed by the player. So it should be completely possible to spawn in a CSC and let it do the dirty work for you.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

StealthX051 wrote:Well, I am no coder but it seems as if it goes on Centauri stations destroyed, not killed by the player. So it should be completely possible to spawn in a CSC and let it do the dirty work for you.
...yeesss. But that's blatant cheating *and* requires using the debug console and/or a utility mod. The debate's over whether "baiting" should count as actual combat for the purposes of the mission (And I'd count "lure them into annoying a friendly with missiles" as baiting as well as the classic "make them kill each other bwahahaha" method). Personally I figure it should since it usually takes some skill to do it, plus it's the player who's ultimately responsible for the kill.

...plus it doesn't give score and is more likely to get you killed than just shooting it, so further punishment isn't required. :P
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Ah, but it shouldn’t count when the player has nothing to do with it. I’ve seen a passing freighter aggro the raiders, the raiders chase it and aggro Starton Cluster guards, the guards chase a raider back to the camp, get pinged by the camp, and retaliate by blowing the ever loving bajeezus out of the camp. All while I was minding my own business and window shopping at the local armor dealer. The Centauri and Raisu still blamed/credited me with the kill. (Centauri camps do not hold up well to an annoyed Manticore, by the way.)

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

True. But it's easier to assume that the player has something to do with it. Besides....Raisu hear about someone (probably via the centauri occupiers getting more and more scared) smashing their way through the centauri. They don't know who it is until that person turns up and frees the station.