Corporate Command stock glitch (?)

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So I was playing through Corporate Command and decided to take part in the stock market. Shares for New Beyond Economic area were down to .02 credits per share, so I did the smart thing and bought 50,000 of them for pocket change. I backtracked to St Kat's and blew up some pirates and miners, and the stock jumped up to 25 credits per share, making me a millionaire.

If this isn't a glitch, I'd say the stock mechanic is broken.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Xephyr wrote:So I was playing through Corporate Command and decided to take part in the stock market. Shares for New Beyond Economic area were down to .02 credits per share, so I did the smart thing and bought 50,000 of them for pocket change. I backtracked to St Kat's and blew up some pirates and miners, and the stock jumped up to 25 credits per share, making me a millionaire.

If this isn't a glitch, I'd say the stock mechanic is broken.
You lucky sod. When *I* try that it rises 2cr per share, then drops back down just as I reach the station to sell my stocks. <_<

But yeah, the stockmarket is an all-or-nothing thing. Either it always costs you money, or you get really, really rich. It might need some tweaks.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

So far in Corp com, I haven't played though a game without a game-breaking glitch. I haven't been able to complete the story, as far as I can tell. This concerns me a bit.

I hope George can open future expansions for beta testing for at least a little while before the complete version is released.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.