Cruiser Pilot's Brain on Vacation

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

Life insurance re-spawned me inside the battle arena and then this happened. The cruiser is still stuck there to this very day.

"Hate to tell you but there's this funny thing called a wall in front of you. It was designed to stop ships and no, driving straight at it won't work." Needless to say, he didn't listen to me.
Cruiser Stuck.jpg
Cruiser Stuck.jpg (82.7 KiB) Viewed 6615 times
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

This also occurs when Kate's cruiser is returning from the attack on a Black Market station. The standard AI isn't able to handle walls.

A simple solution to this would be for the walls to shut down when the Arena is not in operation.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

JohnBWatson wrote:This also occurs when Kate's cruiser is returning from the attack on a Black Market station. The standard AI isn't able to handle walls.

A simple solution to this would be for the walls to shut down when the Arena is not in operation.
Done,

Arena Wall Remover
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

By the way, Kate's cruiser also got stuck. Luckily, Katami's reappearance is based upon a set variable and not the cruiser's arrival at the arena station.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

catfighter wrote:By the way, Kate's cruiser also got stuck. Luckily, Katami's reappearance is based upon a set variable and not the cruiser's arrival at the arena station.
Can confirm. This appears to happen every single time that mission occurs.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

My personal head-canon for that has always that he rides back to the arena with the player, since I almost invariably get back before Kate does.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

But what if you don't dock with the destroyed station? He's rich so maybe he had a personal transporter or something that was confiscated. Would they even have that tech?

JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

catfighter wrote:But what if you don't dock with the destroyed station? He's rich so maybe he had a personal transporter or something that was confiscated. Would they even have that tech?
That mission has many glitches. For instance, even if the Black Market station(or, for that matter, the Molotok guarding it) is destroyed long before the mission begins, it proceeds normally.