1.1 Dead End

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander
Location: Laughing manically amidst the wreckage of the Iocrym fleet.

I started a new game, gated to Charon, and cleared the system for Korolov. However, when I traveled to Cardel Prime I found only a Urak Fortress and an arms dealer battling it out. In every previous game the outbound stargate had spawned here. I flew through the asteroid belts, double checked every planetary body, and went so far as to investigate every suspicious speck of dust large enough to register on the scanners. Even a system map ROM from Rigel revealed nothing. I did not use any mods and as of yet see no way an immutable structure could have disappeared into nonexistent thin air.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
Day 30: "I might have run into a little problem here."
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Post the savegame on Xelerus so that we can try to figure out what went wrong.

Alternatively, download G.O.D. Mod, and try using the map system feature.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

JohnBWatson wrote:Alternatively, download G.O.D. Mod, and try using the map system feature.
 The main problem with that suggestion is that you can’t use G.O.D. (or any other mod, for that matter) in a game that’s already been started without it. It could help if the same problem crops up again in a future run, though.
 For this run, if you really want to be sure you haven’t somehow missed the stargate despite the map ROM, you can run the game with the /debug switch. Try typing the following into the console (accessible via F9):

Code: Select all

(enum (sysFindObject nil "G") theGate (objSetKnown theGate))

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

'Cardel prime' is not a stock system name, that I'm aware of. If you're running a modded game that alters the system network it might be messing with the gate. In any case, you should probably upgrade to 1.5 at some point.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

a copy of the debug.log might also be useful.

Cardel Prime is the name of the hydrogen gas-giant planet in Charon system, often the stargate is placed there, but not always.
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I do usually play 1.5, but I sometimes like to go back to the old ship maneuvering. Personally I found it easier to steer.

The file is apparently too big to attach, even in a ZIP. Is there another way to get it to you? (Btw turns out it's 1.2; I have so much stuff I get it all mixed up :roll: ) Maybe we could request the option to add mods midgame for a future build. Might be useful.
Behold my avatar, one of the few ships to be drawn out pixel by pixel in the dreaded... Microsoft Paint!

Day 31: "I have successfully completed my time reversal experiment! Muahahaha!!!"
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

catfighter wrote:I do usually play 1.5, but I sometimes like to go back to the old ship maneuvering. Personally I found it easier to steer.

The file is apparently too big to attach, even in a ZIP. Is there another way to get it to you? (Btw turns out it's 1.2; I have so much stuff I get it all mixed up :roll: ) Maybe we could request the option to add mods midgame for a future build. Might be useful.
Xelerus should allow you to upload it. It's the site we generally use for this sort of thing.

Did you try using the command console to find the gate?
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

JohnBWatson wrote:Xelerus should allow you to upload it. It's the site we generally use for this sort of thing.
Well, actually, xelerus is meant as a platform to distribute (finished) mods. The moderators are generally quite liberal in also allowing semi-finished mods and even work in progress. Yet, a log file should not be placed there. Xelerus is run and paid for by someone who is no longer actively participating in the community. Let's not abuse his support.

If you want to upload a larger file, try one of the free file sharing sites, such as http://zippyshare.com/ or http://wikisend.com/.

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Thanks pixelfck. Here's the link: http://wikisend.com/download/701898/deadEndGameSave.zip

The command revealed the gate (I could've sworn there was just empty space there a minute ago :oops: ) with a Charon frigate sitting on it. The darn thing won't move now.
Last edited by catfighter on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catfighter
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I still wonder why the mapping ROM couldn't find it, though.