[1.5] Repairer devices use twice their defined powerUse val.

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The patcher arm:

Code: Select all

<RepairerDevice
				regen=			" 4, 3, 3, 2, 2,  2, 1, 1, 1, 1"
				powerUse=		"5"
				/>
and the repair spider:

Code: Select all

<RepairerDevice
				regen=			" 3, 3, 3, 3, 3,  2, 2, 2, 2, 1,  1, 1"
				powerUse=		"50"

deviceSlots=	"0"
				external=		"true"
				/>
actually use 1MW and 10MW respectively.

Custom <RepairerDevice> devices also appear to use twice as much power as is defined by their powerUse value.
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

The powerUse defined in xml is per segment repaired. The powerUse displayed by the game assumes two segments repaired at a time. Consider Ranx Dreadnought with its two patch spiders. If all of its sixteen segments are damaged, it would use 80 MW per patch spider to heal its armor.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I never knew the game assume two segments repaired at a time when displaying power use. But yes, repair devices use more power the more armor segments are damaged. Once I got like twenty spider from Ranx Dreadnoughts (DySys on), and put them all one at once. My Koshiba was quickly overloaded.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Arkheias
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Still, if repairer devices already have an intentional exception to show twice the listed power use, they might as well have it displayed as something like "~MW per armor segment".
Cabbage Corp, the only mod with cabbages!

Please feel free to submit bug reports or issues related to the Cabbage Corp mod on the GitHub page, the forum thread, in a private message or even on the Xelerus page. Suggestions are fine too.
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

If they're going to display a single value it should be the maximum they can draw just like all other devices. Since power use is only relevant to the player that means the cost for repairing all the segments on the playership at once.
Literally is the new Figuratively
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Atarlost wrote:If they're going to display a single value it should be the maximum they can draw just like all other devices. Since power use is only relevant to the player that means the cost for repairing all the segments on the playership at once.
 That gets problematic once you get into the Hercules or Manticore and their six segments, to say nothing of assorted mods where you can have any number of armor segments. It might be doable, but it’s almost certainly a change that would have to happen to the game engine itself. Also, it could seem a little odd from one playthrough to another when you see its power use listed as 10MW on most ships, but 15MW on a couple of the more exotic official playerships. The easiest way to deal with it would be to change its power use to display on a per segment basis and make a notation in the description.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)
Song
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Alternatively, make them behave semi-realistically and only repair one armor segment at a time: The most damaged segment on that update.
Mischievous local moderator. She/Her pronouns.
pixelfck
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shrike wrote:Alternatively, make them behave semi-realistically and only repair one armor segment at a time: The most damaged segment on that update.
This is what I would like to see. Not because of the possible confusion about the power draw, but because I can only imagine a patcher arm welding one spot at the time (but then again, maybe the patcher arm can use multiple dimensions welding or some such thing ;-)

~Pixelfck
Download the Black Market Expansion from Xelerus.de today!
My other mods at xelerus.de
Atarlost
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

AssumedPseudonym wrote:
Atarlost wrote:If they're going to display a single value it should be the maximum they can draw just like all other devices. Since power use is only relevant to the player that means the cost for repairing all the segments on the playership at once.
 That gets problematic once you get into the Hercules or Manticore and their six segments, to say nothing of assorted mods where you can have any number of armor segments. It might be doable, but it’s almost certainly a change that would have to happen to the game engine itself. Also, it could seem a little odd from one playthrough to another when you see its power use listed as 10MW on most ships, but 15MW on a couple of the more exotic official playerships. The easiest way to deal with it would be to change its power use to display on a per segment basis and make a notation in the description.
It would mean moving allowing more of the item's description to be overridden by events the way HP totals for shields can be (eg. the Omsk set).
Literally is the new Figuratively