[CC] Last mission too finicky

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

This is about the fourth time I have played through CC and I still haven't managed to actually succeed in the final mission. Some happenstance or another always results in either Nassar or the station getting blown up too early. Last time the dire threat to the galaxy got annihilated on a whim by a passing Deimos between when I found it and when I got back to Nassar (who meanwhile had died about 3 times to Phobos's)

This time my plan was to immediately blow a military map rom and get everything sorted before too much unexpected could happen. Then I arrived in the middle of the attached... So I'm trying to figure out whether to start the mission and hope the base goes down or wait and get a replacement Nassar and it turns out they both explode simultaneously. Nassars replacement (I would hate to have his premiums) of course just talks up the importance of the mission before ignoring it all to go home.

It would be nice if there was some sort of story closure even if things go pearshaped...
Attachments
terriblemess.jpg
terriblemess.jpg (60.79 KiB) Viewed 7263 times
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Interesting. Can't say I've had that happen to me.

Missions should handle what happens if a target is destroyed before the mission is launched, but not many do at present.

As for the repeated destruction of Nasser, he should probably be armored well enough to survive an engagement with a Phobos. At present his armor just doesn't compare to the danger he puts himself in.