Today's hilariously stupid system layout glitch

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
kay.py
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

So today the Antarctica and America spawned right next to each other. I wondered for a moment whether that meant they would fight each other. Then, of course, they were both destroyed by a passing Phobos, having spawned too close to a Ares Shipyard...

In any case, I am now the hero of the fleet*, and am trying to decide whether I want to use the lamplighter this time round (I cant remember the last time I actually used it or whether its still worthwhile...)

* for bravely running away from the carnage
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

CSCs certainly need to spawn further away from Ares shipyards. The Antarctica should have the Fleet listed as an enemy, and have a wider enemy exclusion radius.

In any case, what surprises me most is the Antarctica being killed by the Phobos. Last time I checked(read: lured Phobii to it and made it kill them through meticulous dodging) the Ares are neutral to the Antarctica.
PM
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

They are, which means they usually fire back at each other if one side takes collateral damage from the other. If Antarctica was hit by shots meant for America or other Ares enemy (e.g., passing green freighter), Antarctica fires back at Ares who in turn fire back at Antarctica. It is just like making former humans and/or demons attack and kill each other in Doom (by enemy shooting at Doomguy, but Doomguy dodges, attack hits another enemy, and hilarity ensues as two monsters kill each other).

For similar reasons, Black Market is very easy for the player to anger. Player should refrain from firing when near any Black Market station, if he intends to shop there.
JohnBWatson wrote:CSCs certainly need to spawn further away from Ares shipyards. The Antarctica should have the Fleet listed as an enemy, and have a wider enemy exclusion radius.
And Earth powers' cruisers from Eternity Port for that matter. One of the APD cruisers spawned next to an Ares shipyard, and it was dead when I found it. Looted lots of intact (and damaged) high-level items from the wrecked cruiser.
Download and Play in 1.9 beta 1...
Drake Technologies (Alpha): More hardware for combat in parts 1 and 2!
Star Castle Arcade: Play a classic arcade game adventure, with or without more features (like powerups)!
Playership Drones: Buy or restore exotic ships to command!

Other playable mods from 1.8 and 1.7, waiting to be updated...
Godmode v3 (WIP): Dev/cheat tool compatible with D&O parts 1 or 2.
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

First, the &baCSC should have moved the normal Fleet ship away from the Ares....
if in fact it was too close.
The base code doesn't allow for patrolling ships, like the Phobos,
that have an interesting patrol range.

however, as you should all be aware by now: CSC Antarctica is Only* Enemies with the &svFleetAssassins ( the Aquilas that come hunting for it ),
not the Fleet itself.

* the CSC Antarctica is Constructive Chaos ( basically same as Commonwealth)
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..