v1.6 CC: Anton Nasser circling Cyclops Corp. HQ forever

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I guess he's just too fat to get out of his trajectory... I just succeeded in destroying the HQ and the chimeras defending it. Kate Morgenthal is docked, but Anton Nasser is circling the Cyclops Corporation Headquarters in the ever same pattern. Tried shooting him with my howitzer a couple of times to change his momentum, but to no avail. Just waiting for a few minutes didn't change anything.

Besides reporting this bug: Can I somehow save this mission? I never played the Corporate Command missions so far...
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Shoot him until he starts taking damage

That seems to work sometimes, but unfortunately he doesn't regenerate the damage for future missions.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I've also seen this problem with other slow ships. In PSD 6, if I gave a ship the intertialess drive and told it to form up, it would circle forever without stopping.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I shot him with missiles and howitzer projectiles from different angles until he was at around 50% health, but I couldn't change the situation unfortunately. I gated into the next star system, came back, and he's gone along with Kate Morgenthal and the mission :(
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

I've noticed this problem at Gunsan too. After the mission is finished, Kate will dock, but Anton will circle the complex forever. If I dock, there's a dockscreen that says, "You decide to wait for Kate and Anton."
sun1404
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

It seems these AI order and maneuvering bugs are rather hard to eliminate. I'd suggest another way. For these missions which need the player to dock along with other ships, make a simple script so that if the player docks before the other ships are there, show a dockscreen stating something like, 'You waited around on the station until <NPC ships> docks', before continuing to the normal dockscreens showing mission debriefs and such.

This is, as far as I can see, a rather good workaround that would solve the problem more reliably than trying to fix the AI, and one that doesn't break immersion too much. We already have autons and wingmen survive impossible odds by having the player gate out of the system. Abstracting out waiting for NPCs to reach and dock with a mission destination shouldn't be too bad.

If possible, deleting the ship(s) involved in the mission and spawning them on one of the docking ports of the station when the player undock would make the illusion more complete.

[EDIT] Oh, and hello everyone. Been a while since I appeared last. Had just finished a vanilla game with the HD and soundtrack extensions. Phobii are absolutely hellish. They're almost invincible even against Fusionfire+10%. The only things capable of killing them in reasonable time are their own (super overpowered) Archcannons. I'd say internal HP still needs some adjustments.
Yes, look at my avatar, I have a wyvera type ship.
Brzelius
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

That would be a good solution.
It's really annoying, I just killed the chimeric EI7000 transports trying to infect the shipyards in Gunsam, and the same damn thing happened again, Anton Nasser circling the shipyards without being able to get to them, and when I dock there, I just decide to wait for him...

Edit: Now I destroyed Anton Nasser out of frustration, and when docking with the shipyard: "Kate and Anton join you at the Ops Center. They are laughing with each other on the way in: 'Great work! We didn't lose a single shipyard!' says Kate. 'I was just trying to impress the boss,' says Anton with a wink."
Well, this is certainly more immersion-breaking than having Anton just teleport to the docking area :P
gunship256
Militia Commander
Militia Commander

Brzelius wrote:That would be a good solution.
It's really annoying, I just killed the chimeric EI7000 transports trying to infect the shipyards in Gunsam, and the same damn thing happened again, Anton Nasser circling the shipyards without being able to get to them, and when I dock there, I just decide to wait for him...

Edit: Now I destroyed Anton Nasser out of frustration, and when docking with the shipyard: "Kate and Anton join you at the Ops Center. They are laughing with each other on the way in: 'Great work! We didn't lose a single shipyard!' says Kate. 'I was just trying to impress the boss,' says Anton with a wink."
Well, this is certainly more immersion-breaking than having Anton just teleport to the docking area :P
This works in other systems too. If you destroy Anton, gate out, and gate back in, he re-appears, and you can destroy him again. This is an easy way to get level 9 weapons and armor (too easy).