Error when running 903_DirectorsCut V0.8 by Styro

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

The ideas in the "Directors Cut Read Me.txt" file really appeal to me; But I cannot get it to run; Every time I run it (with V 1.7 of Transcendence), I get the same error:
1) First, after I have chosen a ship, the "ship choice" screen does not get replaced by an "introduction" screen; Also, the introduction message seems to "smear" itself, instead of "rise" up the screen (I hope that makes sense);
2) Then, perhaps 1/2 way through the introduction message, an error message appears:
Cannot create system Elysium: Undefined system type 1e0001

Can anyone let me know if there is any way to solve this, please? One of my only complaints about the Stars of the Pilgrim adventure was that, in my opinion, it was so short; The "Director's Cut" mod seemed to be designed to solve that problem, and I'd really like to make use of it!

Please email me if you want about this: [email protected]
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Director's Cut http://xelerus.de/index.php?s=mod&id=903&d=1
Author Styro
Added (Last modified) 15.04.2011 (15.04.2011)
Game Version 1.05

This is a Mod, an extension for the game version it was created for.

I have downloaded the mod & my official 1.7 version would not recognize it.
I have also tried it in 1.8.2 : same result.

I located my copy of 1.5, the extension did not show itself there either.

so I believe your issues are not entirely caused by that particular extension.

Please remove your extensions and try your game..if all goes well, add them back one at a time.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thank you for the help;
I have done as you instructed;
All of my extensions cause no problems and version 1.7 works fine with and without them;
I then added the Director's Cut extension; Having it added into the Extensions folder seems to cause no problems;
However, when I try to run the Director's Cut (as my "choice of adventure"), I still get the same results:
1) After choosing a ship, the screen does not get replaced by an "intro" screen; Also, the "introduction message" seems to "smear" itself, instead of "rising" up the screen (again, I hope that makes sense);
2) Then, perhaps 1/2 way through the introduction message (its difficult to tell, exactly, how much of the msg has appeared), an error message appears: Cannot create system Elysium: Undefined system type 1e0001
When I click okay, the game shuts down
Thanks again for taking the time; I really would like to figure this out and get this extension to work with 1.7; If the "system type 1e0001" is an actual entity, can we figure out where it is trying to define it, and change that?
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

The text smearing is because there's no intro image defined for the adventure - which is understandable because its so old.

The adventure might be easy to fix, but it might be even less work to just make a new one altogether. I'll take a look at it later.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Thankyou Xephyr; Let me know if you get it to work, please? I would be perfectly willing to work on it myself, but I am still learning the coding for setting up mods for this wonderful game and I'm afraid I really do not yet understand it well enough yet
--Tachyonfang
Xephyr
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

I've looked at it a bit, I think the fastest way to get it to work would be to take the topology and scrap everything else - should be fairly quick.
Project Renegade (Beta) : "The Poor Man's Corporate Command!"
Real programmers count from 0. And sometimes I do, too.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

Xephyr: Strangely enough, I am finding another mod that is giving me the exact same error msg; I was trying to run the Galactic Map mod; I admit I am not exactly certain just what this mod does, but I wanted to see; anyway, I'm getting the same error message as I am with Director'sCut V0.8 (Cannot create system Elysium: Undefined system type 1e0001); I just thought I'd let you know;
Thanks again;
--Tachyonfang
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

DirectorsCut 1.7.zip
(493.72 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Dated post. Only JBW (EDIT: arrgh I meant sjf) had replied when I last saw this topic.

I've attached a working version for you, Tachyonfang. The mod has images at the start and will load now. You don't get Benedict because I don't know how to add him to an adventure and other missions may or may not come up. Works OK up to Point Juno (ran out of time to test any further) and I god-mod finished the game so Heretic is OK. Expect a lot more little bugs but I don't think the game will crash. If there aren't any bug reports over the next couple of weeks I'll put a tidied version on xelerus. Thanks for posting because I didn't know this mod existed and it looks like a good one (the Galactic map looks excellent). Nice work.

You could also check out the Uncharted, Beyond The Mainline and Network mods. These are all larger than the standard game.

I've also included a changelog in the mod detailing what was done to get it working. Basically these older adventure mods (and possibly newer ones as well) can't find certain UNIDs that already exist in the game for some reason. So these UNIDs need to be copied into the mod itself. That gets the mod working. After that it is just a heap of fine tuning.

Also credit to pixelfck for info on solving the smearing intro text. Search the forum for "bleeding intro" for an explanation.

Requires Version 1.7 or higher.
Updated in 1.7.
No Benedict.
Music may not work.
Not tested with any other mods.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!