A Greater Adventure on Transcendence 1.7

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I have tried to run A Greater Adventure (Mod 370_AGreaterAdventure.zip; Author= soggydoggy; Last modified 5/17/2009) on Transcendence 1.7; I receive the following error msg=
Cannot create system Huaramarca: Undefined system type 8020103
I have heard from a couple different people on Transcendence Discord that the Huaramarca system type is known to cause problems, but I admit that I don't know what that really means; I was presuming (perhaps incorrectly so) that the Huaramarca system was unique to A Greater Adventure; Is this not true?
Anyone who has any clues as to how to get this mod working with Transcendence 1.7, please let me know; Your help would be greatly appreciated
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Try the dodgy fix I mention in your Beyond The Mainline topic, otherwise I'll have a go at this one as well. Will be a couple of days at least before I can get anything done.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Working example attached. Includes a changelog. Loading errors were the same as Directors Cut. It needed the Elysium and Huari code included inside the mod to let the game start.

This got the game going but there wasn't a Galactic map because (I assume) it didn't exist back in 2009. The 1.7 Gal map code has been included so it now appears.
The prolog image GreaterProlog.jpg has been altered to display on the LHS of the prolog screen. It was difficult to read the scrolling text when it appeared over the top of the ship image.

Of note is the need to change the G2 stargate name from "EndGame" to "Outbound". This (I think) allows trnCreateAllStargates, which is a helper function which auto-creates stargates, to link the stargate out of Heretic to the end of the game. If this name isn't changed then the exit stargate doesn't get created and you can't completely finish the game.

As a bit of background, Transcendence is based on Stars Of The Pilgrim, which is also known as Part 1.
This consists of about 25 star systems which run from Eridani (node SE) to Heretic (G2). There are also two other sections, Elysium and Huaramarca.
Elysium is a separate system reached by using a jumpdrive or Gem of Despair and it connects back via one-way stargates to Eridani, Heretic and 7 other systems in between. It's a fast way to travel around the galaxy.
Huaramarca is a single system, the home system of the Huari. You will see their fortresses and Hurin destroyers in the game. Sometimes the Huari will turn friendly to you which allows you to do rescue missions for them. Do enough missions and they will give you a special mission to their home system, Huaramarca. This guides you to the stargate which connects Huaramarca to the main 25 systems. You won't normally find it on your own because it is quite remote and randomly generated in one of 6 or 7 systems.

When these two sections, Elysium and Huaramarca, are used in mod adventures like Directors Cut and Greater Adventure, the mods can't find them even though they are always present in the game. This is what's generating the error messages.
This is definitely a bug but difficult to track down, and probably not worth fixing for mods this old which need to be updated to run properly anyway. But if it's happening in newer adventures it would IMO be worth trying to find out what's happening.
From what I've seen the game could be loading information in the wrong order. It's not loading Elysium and Huaramarca code before it tries to launch the mod. But if the code is included in the mod then it gets loaded and the mod starts.
There is also the possiblity that it has something to do with rootNodes but Elysium isn't a rootNode in 1.7 so I'm not sure.
Greater Adventure.zip
(376.53 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!