Beyond The Mainline on Transcendence 1.7

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Tachyonfang
Commonwealth Pilot
Commonwealth Pilot

I have tried to run the Beyond The Mainline mod (Author= Pixelfck; Last updated on Xelerus 6/30/2014) on Transcendence 1.7 and keep receiving the following error message:
ModHuari.xml: Line(11): Invalid entity: smHuariSpace
If someone could please tell me how to add in a definition for this entity, I would be happy to contact Pixelfck and get his permission to do so, and then do it myself and re-upload the now-functional-with 1.7-mod;
Any help will be most appreciated;
--Tachyonfang
Front Desk Clerk and Head of Technical Support at The Alcazar Hotel, Freelance Genius (IQ 163), and Chief Orchestrator of Various Plots For Universal Domination
"I don't get it-why can't I just shoot them? I mean, after all, they ARE the evil dudes shooting at us!"
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

Sounds like similar to the Directors Cut. You get this when Elysium is fixed in that mod and I don't think BTM uses Elysium so the game goes straight to the next error. :lol:

I'm not sure of your modding knowledge level but as a quick fix try copying the module 1.7Additions.xml from DirectorsCut 1.7, which I attached to your other post, into BTM. You will also need to add it as a module to the BTM main file. That might work. Also check the changelog in DC 1.7 as this might help you sort it out. I'll have a go at BTM over the weekend and (hopefully) attach a working version in a couple of days.

Hope that helps.
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
relanat
Militia Captain
Militia Captain

My mistake. This is a different but related error to the ones in Directors Cut. At least it's easy to fix.

Two ways to fix it.

Either add

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY smHuariSpace	"0x00210001">
which comes from Line 46: StarsOfThePilgrim.xml in 1.7 Transcendence_Source,

to the ENTITY listing at the top of BeyondThe Mainline.xml.

or

delete

Code: Select all

<SystemMap UNID="&smHuariSpace;"/>
from Line 11: ModHuari.xml in Beyond The Mainline.

You can do both but only one is needed.

This lets the game start. I jumped to Huaramarca with no problems so good luck. I have had multiple crashes entering St Kats with this mod (with earlier game versions) but a GodMod "Travel Entire Galaxy" run worked OK.

I've attached a copy of ModHuari.xml with the necessary code removed. Open the Extensions folder until you see a file called ModHuari.xml and then copy this one over the top of it. You can't have both files in that folder; you need to replace the original one, and it must be called ModHuari.xml.

pixelfck is still around so any info on this would be useful for updating

Interestingly, pixelfck has already copied the Huari system and station UNID code into this mod, as was required in Director's Cut. And when I removed these the mod started giving the undefined errors. Same problem in different mods.
ModHuari.xml
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 294 times
Stupid code. Do what I want, not what I typed in!
shanejfilomena
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Tachyonfang wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:46 pm
I have tried to run the Beyond The Mainline mod (Author= Pixelfck; Last updated on Xelerus 6/30/2014) on Transcendence 1.7 and keep receiving the following error message:
ModHuari.xml: Line(11): Invalid entity: smHuariSpace
If someone could please tell me how to add in a definition for this entity, I would be happy to contact Pixelfck and get his permission to do so, and then do it myself and re-upload the now-functional-with 1.7-mod;
Any help will be most appreciated;
Issues with extensions are not Bugs with the game :
you should have posted your issue in Shipyards http://forums.kronosaur.com/viewforum.php?f=5

Those that replied to your post should have told you that as well.
Flying Irresponsibly In Eridani......

I don't like to kill pirates in cold blood ..I do it.. but I don't like it..