No Music? (new player)

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
dcreyn831
Anarchist
Anarchist

Sorry if this topic has been discussed before but I do not get any music in game even with the option on. I noticed the soundtrack on the website and to download it in game which I did and hoped this would have solved the case. Unfortunately, after downloading and restarting there is still no music :( Am I missing something or is this a known issue and just curious if anyone knows a fix.

Thank you

DcReyn
digdug
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

sorry to hear that. Let me give you some advice (some of them could be obvious depending on your skill level).
I presume that you can hear the SFX of the game well and that music works on your pc. (if not, reinstall your sound drivers and your directx, so that you update directsound)

You can try:

- please check the file settings.xml (open with notepad for example)
The line <Option name="noMusic" value="false"/> should be there, be sure that it's set to false.

- try to delete settings.xml and launch the game (the game will re-create it with default settings, which has music on)

- check that in the collection folder the music has downloaded properly, the songs are mp3 files. Check that they are actually playing properly. If not, delete the folder and let the game re-download the music songs.
AssumedPseudonym
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Also, I don’t think that the soundtrack will work on a game that’s already in progress, same as any other mod. You’d have to start a new game for it to take effect.

Mod prefixes: 0xA010 (registered) and 0xDCC8 (miscellaneous)

My mods on Xelerus: Click here!

Of all the things I’ve lost in life, I miss my mind the least. (I’m having a lot more fun without it!)