Trancendence Error While Gating to Dantalion System

Bug reports for the stable versions go here.
Red
Miner
Miner

Hi!

I don't know if anyone else has had this issue - but I updated my 1.6 version to the 1.7 just two or fewer days ago and continued playing my saved game and all was well until I tried to gate to the Dantalion system from... Penati?

The gating screen comes up and swirls for a time then a "Transcendence has stopped working" error message comes up and the whole thing needs to be close.

I have windows 10 (not by choice)...

Maybe it is just my update not sure how I would know if it was...

Edit : Tried the on / off trick that fixed most program errors on my computer but no joy.
Life isn't worth living without a little passion - Red
Red
Miner
Miner

If at all possible I would like to keep my current game and fix the issue; if anyone has any ideas?
JohnBWatson
Fleet Officer
Fleet Officer

Red wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm
If at all possible I would like to keep my current game and fix the issue; if anyone has any ideas?
See if it's fixed by opening the game in the previous version. If that's the cause of the issue, switching back could resolve it. It's important to note that saves are one of the easiest things to break when updating a game, so backwards compatibility isn't always guaranteed.
Red
Miner
Miner

JohnBWatson wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:25 am
Red wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:05 pm
See if it's fixed by opening the game in the previous version. If that's the cause of the issue, switching back could resolve it. It's important to note that saves are one of the easiest things to break when updating a game, so backwards compatibility isn't always guaranteed.
I tried that but lost the saved game utterly and then I tried saving the saved game in question and re-doing the update another way and then restoring the game and... still the same issue, just now the Gating screen just swirls for minutes on end without loading. I waited ten minutes for it to do its thing and in the end, I had to use task manager to close the game... :(
Ferdinand
Militia Lieutenant
Militia Lieutenant

Unfortunately, updating to a new version usually breaks saved games unless you just started one and did not finish to many systems (by the time you have reached Rigel Aurelius, the chances of successfully loading the saved game in a new version are slim), many things change between versions. Either do not upgrade if you want to finish a game, or accept the loss and start a new game.